IGNORED

Fake Cartridge?

p1FqO3

I bought a copy of Kangaroo I'm pretty sure is a complete fake. The cart looks legit at first glance but, for one, there is no dust guard. Two, there are holes on the inside sticker side that expose the sticky part of the sticker in the shape of the left and right guides, as if the guides were cut out of that part of cart. Three, the cart is too big for the Atari. Four, the exposed part of the circuit board have seemingly fresh perforation marks like a modern board would have. Five, the plastic inside the cart looks fresh, maybe even 3D printed. Six, it doesn't work even after jamming it in a little too forcefully into the Atari. My only question is, why would anyone waste their time and money making fake Atari carts when they go for $1 USD?

Edit: Nevermind, looks like it might just be a later relase. The pics in this post show a Pacman cart with similar features http://atariage.com/forums/topic/282403-us-1985-new-game-releases/

Edited by p1FqO3

https://i.imgur.com/2dpGbDu.jpg

Mine is copyright 1988 but that seems to be what I've got, you can even see the indents in the sticker where those holes are. I have like 30 carts, I guess this was the first I got from that era. Are these known not to fit into light sixers? It's uncomfortably snug, I'm not even going to try putting it in again.