IGNORED

"V" or "Alien Visitors Are Our Friends" (Cosmic Ark Hack)

doctorclu

post-4709-0-43225400-1535944184.png

Travel for the homeworld to a remote and troubled planet.

In exchange of technology and medical assistance also help them with their overpopulation problem while attaining food for our world.

Despite all the above mentioned service, the troubled planet might misunderstand and resist you. Power through, you as a "Visitor" are their greatest friend and ally and a tribute to our race.

post-4709-0-85165000-1535945155.jpg

post-4709-0-59972000-1535944646_thumb.png

post-4709-0-32512000-1535944666_thumb.png

Alien Visitors Are Our Friends.bin *

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* No other revisions are planned.

This fun project was started on a Battlestar Galactica (Space Attack hack) thread by Marcallie when he said:

"This is great! Now go re-theme Cosmic Ark as V: The Final Battle."

> Interesting. The Visitors collect humans while Earth forces try to stop you from eating their population?

"Exactly! It would be very cool to play as the bad guys for once, right?"

Actually sounded like a fun idea so I spent some time giving this more of a "V" the sci-fi series feel. The title was actually inspired by this shot..

post-4709-0-65152900-1535944936.jpg

I worked to change the numbers to that of the Visitors. There was not a number system that I was able to find from the 1983 version of "V", but "V" in 2009 had a set of numbers:

post-4709-0-73772500-1535945051.png

So the score, since you are the Visitors afteral, is in their number set.

The random animals for the ark are replaced with humans. The running characters were inspired by Choplifter on the Atari 800

post-4709-0-46999800-1535945113.pngpost-4709-0-37687900-1535945121.png

The humans go from waving happy to see the aliens, to running. Then I left the dog because, how dare the Visitors take the dogs!! After that the humans are wielding guns, running in terror, and later with portable rocket launchers. (they don't fire, but the Visitors have plenty of other things to worry about by then) . ;)

The Visitors are attacked by Earth forces who stole some of the Visitor's Sky Fighters.

post-4709-0-98928800-1535945179.png

Was a fun project. Enjoy playing the other side of this story.

post-4709-0-19464100-1535945601.jpg

Edited by doctorclu
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I really enjoyed this hack! Lots of little touches that really made it fun. I didn't make it to the rocket launching humans but that would have been amazing to see! I think perhaps my favorite part is the high score being recorded in the visitor text. Definitely a great change on one of my favorite games!

• Like 1

Awesome and thanks for the feedback! I've only gotten as far as the gun wielding humans so you got me beat on this game (though thanks to your hack idea I'll play this more)

Here is a video I made tonight:

Edited by doctorclu

• 4 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, dwh said:

Great hack. That billboard is awesome. Unfortunately, I am old enough to recall watching the original run of V on network tv....and Battlestar Galactica for that matter.

889265053_ScreenShot2022-12-04at6_47_49AM.png.6a7a6d5dbfda70a6a4bc0fd3c5ad2e8a.png

I was actually amazed that the letting fit in that box.

And nothing wrong with the awesomeness of being around for some of the best sci-fi on television.

Age is just a number.

• Like 1

I'm late to the party on this one Doc,...As usual.

But it looks like fun and I've gotten it DLed...So...Soon, I hope...

I remember V being what felt like a Massive Hit at the time.  Now I don't know if it was successful as a money maker but after it first came out,  and the revelation they were aliens who were lying, and ate mice, (and who knows what else?) etc.,...We were pretty much glued to our sets to see what happens next!  That was one of those shows everyone was talking about when it came out.

Edited by GoldLeader
Rat? Mouse? Guinea pig? 1983 was a while back, huh? My rodent memory is...Rodent memory? Now that sounds like an alternative band, huh? One that plays college rock but also modern rock, modern in the second half of "Post Modern" sense and not in th
  • Like 1

On 12/5/2022 at 12:53 AM, GoldLeader said:

I'm late to the party on this one Doc,...As usual.

But it looks like fun and I've gotten it DLed...So...Soon, I hope...

I remember V being what felt like a Massive Hit at the time.  Now I don't know if it was successful as a money maker but after it first came out,  and the revelation they were aliens who were lying, and ate mice, (and who knows what else?) etc.,...We were pretty much glued to our sets to see what happens next!  That was one of those shows everyone was talking about when it came out.

Well looked like this:

V - 1983 Mini-Series

* 40% of the viewing television audience at that time watching it.

* November 2005, Entertainment Weekly named V one of the 10 best miniseries on DVD.

* The article noted, "As a parable about it-can-happen-here fascism, V was far from subtle, but it carved a place for lavish and intelligent sci-fi on TV.

* Its impact can still be felt in projects like Taken and The 4400."[9] (The 4400's executive producer Scott Peters later helmed ABC's 2009 reboot.)

* December 2008, Entertainment Weekly put V on its list "The Sci-Fi 25: The Genre's Best Since 1982", and called Visitor leader Diana's devouring a guinea pig "one of the best TV reveals ever."

V - The Final Battle Mini-Series - averaged a 25.1 rating and 37 share

2118001683_ScreenShot2022-12-06at11_51_40AM.thumb.png.c8acbbb5c647833c92685a25a84b84a4.png

V - 1984 TV series - finished the season ranked 57th with a 12.5 rating/18 share and 67% on Rotten Tomatoes. 

V - 2009 TV Series - 1st Season 14.3 dropped at the beginning to 5.72 million viewers ranking 89th.

2nd Season averaged 6.93 million viewers per episode ranking 75th.

I think they made their money very much so.

And yes, it was what we were talking about in school.

What was really fun was the alien birthing scene was right at the time my Mom and Grandmother decided to walk into the room.  Wow... now that was crazy.  :D

• Haha 1