Photo

Coleco Adam: Adam Ware site

7 replies to this topic

#1 Milli Vee OFFLINE  

Milli Vee

Chopper Commander

• 135 posts

Posted Mon Sep 3, 2018 10:52 AM

I have the support site up for any / all software I create. The first 2 volumes of the Colecovision experience is available on there if you have a VDD or use the emulator (which is also on there).

http://adamware.us

Milli

#2 TPR OFFLINE  

TPR

Stargunner

• 1,973 posts

Posted Mon Sep 3, 2018 11:29 AM

For those of us who are on MacOS can we use an emulator like CoolCV to run those?

#3 retrorandy OFFLINE  

retrorandy

Space Invader

• 22 posts

Posted Mon Sep 3, 2018 12:45 PM

Thanks for the post/link to the website. I used to have an ADAM so I will have to check this out. 

#4 Milli Vee OFFLINE  

Milli Vee

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 135 posts

Posted Mon Sep 3, 2018 4:54 PM

For those of us who are on MacOS can we use an emulator like CoolCV to run those?

If it emulates an Adam and lets you load Adam disk images - I would say yes - as long as the it allows non standard image sizes

Milli

#5 TPR OFFLINE  

TPR

Stargunner

• 1,973 posts

Posted Mon Sep 3, 2018 4:59 PM

If it emulates an Adam and lets you load Adam disk images - I would say yes - as long as the it allows non standard image sizes

Milli

Interesting... so it works in CoolCV up until the point where the game would run.  I guess in reality though, you would just load the game ROM as there is little point in loading a menu system in CoolCV to load a game ROM when you can just load the game ROM, right? 

Attached Thumbnails

• Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 6.57.00 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 6.57.07 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 6.57.20 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 6.57.57 PM.png

#6 NIAD OFFLINE  

NIAD

Quadrunner

• 6,059 posts

Posted Mon Sep 3, 2018 8:29 PM

That makes perfect sense TPR. Why add the extra steps to boot a disk image and then browse thru the gane list when you can just drag and drop a rom image onto CoolCV.... besides the cool factor of seeing new ADAM software titles released for use with the MicroFox VDD !!!!

When used on a real ADAM with VDD, it's great to have so many games compiled on a couple large disk images instead of upwards of 15 160K disk images.

I'll have to test the Windows version of CoolCV to see if the large disk image files while work. ADAM emulation has a ways to go in CoolCV when compared to ADAMem and hopefully Nanochess will be able to address this one day.

Edited by NIAD, Mon Sep 3, 2018 8:31 PM.

#7 TPR OFFLINE  

TPR

Stargunner

• 1,973 posts

Posted Mon Sep 3, 2018 10:24 PM

That makes perfect sense TPR. Why add the extra steps to boot a disk image and then browse thru the gane list when you can just drag and drop a rom image onto CoolCV.... besides the cool factor of seeing new ADAM software titles released for use with the MicroFox VDD !!!!

That was kind of my thought.  Not wanting to have this run in CoolCV specifically but just to see if it would work.  I really do need to hook up my VDD.

#8 Milli Vee OFFLINE  

Milli Vee

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 135 posts

Posted Tue Sep 4, 2018 6:16 AM

Interesting... so it works in CoolCV up until the point where the game would run.  I guess in reality though, you would just load the game ROM as there is little point in loading a menu system in CoolCV to load a game ROM when you can just load the game ROM, right? 

It's nice to see others using software you write :)

Milli

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users