IGNORED

Scraper Caper w/ Bounty Bob ("Fire Fighter" hack)

doctorclu

post-4709-0-87354600-1536128743_thumb.png

In Miner 2049er you helped the legendary mountie, Bounty Bob, track the villainous Yukon Yohan through an abandoned uranium mine - all six levels (in volume 1 & Volume 2) - grabbing buried treasure and avoiding deadly radioactive mutants along the way.

Well, that was only the beginning!

Yukon Yohan has escaped to the city and Bounty Bob is after him!

Only this time Bob has taken a job as a fireman to stop Yukon Yohan's current crime wave of arsony While Yukon maniacally laughs above the level of the building he has torched, Bounty Bob must somehow reach Yukon quickly before more of the building is lost.

post-4709-0-71294300-1536128900_thumb.png

Scraper Caper R01.bin

(For the best challenge, select level 9 to stop Yukon from torching a city block!! ]

post-4709-0-26897600-1536129990_thumb.png

Edited by doctorclu
  • Like 3

Some behind the scenes of the creation of this fan hack. Just want to say to Big Five Software : Thanks for Bounty Bob, a long time favorite gaming character from my childhood. :D Played many hours of Miner 2049er on the Atari 800.

So this picture should explain a little bit of what went into turning a random panicked man into Yukon Yohan, the villain we heard so much about but never saw in a game. I figured it was time to change that.

post-4709-0-26050600-1536130941_thumb.png

• 4 years later...

Resurrecting this old topic. I saw this game by chance on Youtube and immediately noticed the physical resemblance to Bounty Bob.
Now my doubt, does this villain Yohan really exist or is he mentioned in the Miner 2049er manual?
I also wanted to congratulate the incredible arts of this game, I think that idea could be used in a future homebrew.

• Thanks 1

doctorclu Keystone Kaper is a good game where I think the two characters fit together. I'm developing, for the classic items I think of bombs, pickaxes and others that I still have no idea, I accept suggestions. I'm thinking of naming it with the name of the villain, but I also accept suggestions so that 2600 hacks can be released later in this section.

Captura de tela em 2023-08-25 22-06-07.png

Edited by alfredtdk

3 hours ago, alfredtdk said:

Resurrecting this old topic. I saw this game by chance on Youtube and immediately noticed the physical resemblance to Bounty Bob.
Now my doubt, does this villain Yohan really exist or is he mentioned in the Miner 2049er manual?
I also wanted to congratulate the incredible arts of this game, I think that idea could be used in a future homebrew.

Glad you liked it!  Yukon Yohan never made it into a game, he was just advertised and teased in magazine ads for a game that was never released.

I wanted to at least make a game more in that direction that played into the picture in the teaser and breath some life into Yukon.  Have to say that, loving what else was mentioned ... (below)

1 hour ago, alfredtdk said:

doctorclu Keystone Kaper is a good game where I think the two characters fit together. I'm developing, for the classic items I think of bombs, pickaxes and others that I still have no idea, I accept suggestions. I'm thinking of naming it with the name of the villain, but I also accept suggestions so that 2600 hacks can be released later in this section.

Captura de tela em 2023-08-25 22-06-07.png

Now THAT is looking good, and was something I had thought about.   Can't wait to play this hack of keystone caper!

If only we could hack in Bounty Bob's walking sound effect for continuity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, doctorclu said:

Glad you liked it!  Yukon Yohan never made it into a game, he was just advertised and teased in magazine ads for a game that was never released.

I wanted to at least make a game more in that direction that played into the picture in the teaser and breath some life into Yukon.  Have to say that, loving what else was mentioned ... (below)

Now THAT is looking good, and was something I had thought about.   Can't wait to play this hack of keystone caper!

If only we could hack in Bounty Bob's walking sound effect for continuity.

Updated. I think the sound of the steps is very close to the original Bounty Bob, if you want to check the rom, I sent it in private.

Captura de tela em 2023-08-26 00-56-50.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, alfredtdk said:

Updated. I think the sound of the steps is very close to the original Bounty Bob, if you want to check the rom, I sent it in private.

Captura de tela em 2023-08-26 00-56-50.png

I like the Scaper Scraper theme and i really hope that a prototype will surface sometimes. Maybe you are willing to do a PAL version of the Keystone Kaper x Scaper Scraper version? I would be happy to test it and post some pictures of it here 🤗

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Bomberman94 said:

I like the Scaper Scraper theme and i really hope that a prototype will surface sometimes. Maybe you are willing to do a PAL version of the Keystone Kaper x Scaper Scraper version? I would be happy to test it and post some pictures of it here 🤗

Thank you for volunteering to run the tests. I sent you the PAL test rom in private. The colors are not final yet, tell me what you like and what you don't like, what can be changed. Enemies/obstacles may also undergo changes to be compatible with the elements that appear in the Atari 5200/800 versions.

Captura de tela em 2023-08-26 14-28-59.png

• Thanks 1