IGNORED

It's about time someone did that... BUT...

Omega-TI

Okay, I was looking around ArcadeShopper's website today, and saw a really cool item << HERE >>.

I thought, "About time something like that came out", but I'm wondering why in case of no opening, one opening or even two openings, why not THREE half-height drives, Gotek's or HxC's in the drive bay space... there is room!

Another thing that might be nice is a single 3.25 bay with openings for a Temperature gauge and an I2C display.

876858567.jpg

<< Inexpensive Temperature Gauge >>

They've been selling this one for years. Many of us already use this one on our TI's.

<< Adafruit PiOLED >>

Of course bumps would needed to be added to the print to match the outline of the temperature gauge which mounts from the front and has a built-in frame.

• Like 1

here's it installed on my TRS80

attachicon.gif20180825_151105.jpg

Oh yeah! I'm now imagining a microSD card extender to full size mounted next to the display, although I do not know if they make one long enough for a TI. Of course if you 3D printed one out for us, you would also need to carry long enough cables for the PiOLED.

Being able to buy everything, sans the display (half-height bay, cable and extender) in one kit would be awesome. So Greg, if you ever decide to do that.... +1. :D

here's it installed on my TRS80

attachicon.gif20180825_151105.jpg

This rig rocks! I just stumbled upon some TRS-80 system 9 disks at a flea market in Tucson, AZ. Do you have any idea whom would be interested in archiving them?

Zero TRS-80 knowledge here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by Airshack