IGNORED

Touchdown Football

TeddyBear89

If only to prove that I could, I played another complete game of Touchdown Football yesterday.

Why hasn't someone fixed this game yet?

The few obvious tweaks that are needed (not that I would know how to address them):

Speed up the players

Allow passes to be thrown for more than 10 yards

Have the option to make meaningful running plays

Make PATs and Field Goals a little more realistic by actually making most of them!

I know this is an EA port. This game looks good but plays poorly. On a system that has no good sports games I would think Touchdown Football would be a good choice to fix this. I'd pay $40 for an updated version!

• 2 weeks later...

Is the original computer version any better? Haven't played. Just curious. Always thought the Atarian Magazine was reaching for nice things to say when they talked about the "Spectacular title screen" lol

It's worse. Sprite movement speed is terrible on the computer version.

Other than that, it seems to be the same dull piece of unenjoyable shovelware.

The problem I encounter playing Basketbrawl is that I start to wish that the punks clean up their act, grab the basketball and head to a high school gym to play a real game! No knives beings thrown and the ref would call fouls. I wish that was a game option! Maybe the issue is that I have a hard time suspending my disbelief playing Basketbrawl but it really does leave me craving a real basketball game on the 7800. One on One doesn't really count for this, right?

A new Basketbrawl re-release with a scared-straight option? I'd buy it!

Heh. Someone I know from a completely different fandom once noticed I commented on Facebook about the 7800. He said, "Did I ever tell you I used to be a tech writer at Atari? Look at the Basket Brawl manual and see if you can spot my touches!" I immediately spotted two give-aways that yeah, he wasn't lying. :)