#tetris #ultimate #playstation

5 replies to this topic

#1 Rocket Man OFFLINE  

Rocket Man

Star Raider

• 71 posts

Posted Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:41 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=ErLYLS3Io10

These short play sessions were done on my Playstation 4 to demonstrate what the game looks and sounds like.  It's not my favorite iteration, but it's pretty solid overall.  I haven't tried MP yet.

Is anyone playing Tetris Ultimate? If you have any videos of you playing, please post them here: I'd like to check 'em out.  Has anyone seen the latest one, the one that has VR capability? There's a cool video on Youtube of an old classic NES Champion, playing it, and it looks really fun.

#2 Punisher5.0 ONLINE  

Punisher5.0

River Patroller

• 3,687 posts

Posted Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:10 PM

I saw that video with Trey. I really enjoy watching Classic Tetris World Championships so that was fun to watch. Id love to try this with VR one day.

#3 Tanooki OFFLINE  

Tanooki

River Patroller

• 4,996 posts

Posted Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:08 PM

It looks interesting, kind of surprised I didn't know about it, or that it also was on 3DS too physical or download as a choice.  Seems fairly bare bones but that's not a bad thing, it's Tetris.  By the way want another fun one to poke a stick at?  Thanks to the blockheads at THQ it was blocked from leaving Japan since they were shoveling that god awful Tetris Worlds at the time, but under Minna no Software on GBA there is a true Tetris game there.  Minna no Software Tetris Advance and that one has the classic Gameboy style (but color) mode, and a few others and it's just stunning but so so under the radar for the franchise as it's obscure.  Check into it, you maybe surprised.

#4 Mord OFFLINE  

Mord

River Patroller

• 2,656 posts

Posted Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:10 AM

Is anyone playing Tetris Ultimate?

I almost bought it a while back, until I noticed they managed to add DLC to tetris. Simple game mode variations. So I spent my money on something else.

#5 deepthaw OFFLINE  

deepthaw

Chopper Commander

• 163 posts
  • Adulthood is overrated

Posted Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:50 PM

I don't understand why we don't have a stock Tetris game for Switch. Puyo Puyo Tetris just doesn't feel like a suitable substitute.

#6 Rocket Man OFFLINE  

Rocket Man

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 71 posts

Posted Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:40 PM

I saw that video with Trey. I really enjoy watching Classic Tetris World Championships so that was fun to watch. Id love to try this with VR one day.

It was really entertaining to me to watch a champion kick ass with a newer iteration... the VR mode makes me want to finally, possibly get the VR setup, just for that Tetris game. :grin:

It looks interesting, kind of surprised I didn't know about it, or that it also was on 3DS too physical or download as a choice.  Seems fairly bare bones but that's not a bad thing, it's Tetris.  By the way want another fun one to poke a stick at?  Thanks to the blockheads at THQ it was blocked from leaving Japan since they were shoveling that god awful Tetris Worlds at the time, but under Minna no Software on GBA there is a true Tetris game there.  Minna no Software Tetris Advance and that one has the classic Gameboy style (but color) mode, and a few others and it's just stunning but so so under the radar for the franchise as it's obscure.  Check into it, you maybe surprised.

Thanks for the heads up!

I almost bought it a while back, until I noticed they managed to add DLC to tetris. Simple game mode variations. So I spent my money on something else.

No kiddin'... :(  That's lame.  I was wondering why it didn't have as many options as the PS3 iteration has.  :skull:  DLC is dumb.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: #tetris, #ultimate, #playstation

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users