Photo

DALEKS OF SKARO.. IDEAS, and PROOF OF CONCEPT..

12 replies to this topic

#1 Kernal OFFLINE  

Kernal

Moonsweeper

• 270 posts

Posted Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:03 PM

So for the last couple of years ive been working on a multi-system game based on daleks shooting you out of space called 

mission to the unknown 

http://sourceforge.c...missiontotheunk(use build 13 for the best version to date, builds 14 and 15 have some unsolved bugs.. 13 is the most stable to date.)

What i want to do is make an atari 8 bit version for vbxe equiped machines.. the original mission to the unknown was made in unity.. and i want to do a simular styled game for the atari.. be it top down or 3d perspective like this..

Positions needed to be filled or things i need help with from people here in the forums; (if you would like to help please message on here or email me directly on here.

POSITIONS TO BE FILLED:

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Plot/gameplay development (to help develop concepts for the plot and gameplay)

Assistant Programmer (please have experience coding for atari 8bits)

Graphics Editor and coder (help develop the engine needed to create a 3d starfield and objects (sprites) in this 3d starfield and help program player missle/player collisions

Music Director (doctor who theme, music for while the game is playing.. tracker experience and integrating it into the source code preferred)

Beta Testing /Quality Assurance (to help test the game.)

Marketing/Advertising (to help spread the word of the game in other forums, website and on irc, and the media)

also i have another game called ghosts of quabbin i would like to make an atari version of..http://sourceforge.c...ghostsofquabbin but lets get the ball rolling on this

Attached File  dalek1.xex   24.25KB   57 downloads

Attached File  dalek2.xex   79.07KB   32 downloads
Attached File  dalek3.xex   63.89KB   20 downloads

Edited by Kernal, Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:29 PM.

#2 _The Doctor__ ONLINE  

_The Doctor__

River Patroller

• 4,838 posts

Posted Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:29 PM

There are versions of C for the Atari, but from scratch in ML might be best...

#3 Kyle22 OFFLINE  

Kyle22

River Patroller

• 3,513 posts
  • Call my BBS! telnet://broadway1.lorexddns.net

Posted Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:53 PM

That sounds great. Daleks and Cybermen, and more have always been a part, but now (at least this series), they are gone. :(

Vastra (sp?) , gone, and I assume Strax (funny little potato) as well. I'm not against a female Doctor, but I AM against the BBC's radicalism. They never thought she would lose.

Sorry for the mini rant, the game sounds great, but the new series sounds awful to me.

It remains to be seen.

Good luck with the the game. The concept is Awesome!

:)

#4 Kernal OFFLINE  

Kernal

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 270 posts

Posted Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:46 AM

So basically what i want to achieve, is a 3d like space where you can fly around and shoot down daleks before the daleks shoot you down, also want to add space stations and planets.. and we will get more into that as the plotline fleshes out.. ill need help with graphics and programming... so whomever wants to help out on this project.. please post in here.. and any ideas.... take a look at the pc version of the game in the O.P. and lets start working from there.. i have already begun working on the intro animations... and starting to expiriment with creating a 3d starfield such as with star raiders.. and then we need to figure out how to place sprintes in this 3d starfield.. and planets and space stations.. and start working on the code of the player collisions etc. etc.

#5 _The Doctor__ ONLINE  

_The Doctor__

River Patroller

• 4,838 posts

Posted Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:09 PM

hey wait I've seen those screens before... I think we've corresponded in some fashion previously! You've had this idea a while

#6 Kernal OFFLINE  

Kernal

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 270 posts

Posted Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:27 PM

Posted Today, 10:57 AM

Yes and i got stalled for a little while i was working more on the pc side.. and now that i finally got my atari with VBXE installed i want to start developing the atari vbxe version also a version for non vbxe machines...

so if anyone wants to help im very excited to get working on it.. one of the first things i need is the doctor who theme in mod format.. does someone want to start working on that.. and it will be used in the title screen and animations which is what im working on today.. and this why i need tipconv.jar.. im making the 8 BIT Animation frames in cinema4d and outputing them as 8 bit bmps and then i want to use tipconv to make animations for the 8 bit out of them.. and these will be integrated into the game. which we will get to that bridge hopefully sooner then later.

Does anyone have a copy of tipconv.jar.. i need it to start making the animations for daleks of skaro....

Much thanks

0-=Rick=-0

#7 Kernal OFFLINE  

Kernal

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 270 posts

Posted Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:14 PM

got tipconv.. heres the first xex test aNImation 23 frames

Attached File  dalek1.xex   24.25KB   57 downloads

#8 Kernal OFFLINE  

Kernal

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 270 posts

Posted Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:15 PM

now how would i incorporate these animations into say either a basic program or asm... how would i get these animations to load and then after pressing a key to start go on to the game...

#9 Kernal OFFLINE  

Kernal

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 270 posts

Posted Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:21 PM

heres two more test animations.. a litle dark gotta fiddle with the palettes

Attached Files

#10 Kernal OFFLINE  

Kernal

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 270 posts

Posted Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:24 PM

i will be releasing pc, mac and linux builds of mission to the unknown tonight.. I will also be editing the original post to include the test animations and a clearer outline of what i want to achieve with this and what help i need from people here on the forums...

#11 CharlieChaplin OFFLINE  

CharlieChaplin

River Patroller

• 2,910 posts

Posted Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:13 PM

now how would i incorporate these animations into say either a basic program or asm... how would i get these animations to load and then after pressing a key to start go on to the game...

The Tip Animator is programmed in such a way, that it creates animations which use the full memory available (switch off OS, leave no space for other programs) and it loops the animation and does not continue loading when pressing a key... 

I guess that modifying the TIP animation (XEX) to load another ML file (game) or a Basic file when pressing a key will not be easy...

Edited by CharlieChaplin, Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:14 PM.

#12 Kernal OFFLINE  

Kernal

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 270 posts

Posted Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:36 PM

no i want to write a basic or ml program that loads the xex and then when the xex finishes drops back control to the basic or ml program.. i wonder if theres a way to make the xex not loop?

#13 CharlieChaplin OFFLINE  

CharlieChaplin

River Patroller

• 2,910 posts

Posted Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:45 PM

no i want to write a basic or ml program that loads the xex and then when the xex finishes drops back control to the basic or ml program.. i wonder if theres a way to make the xex not loop?

Even if you find a way to load the tip animation from Basic or ML, as said before, the animation uses the full memory and will wipe out your Basic or ML program... meaning, as soon as the animation has loaded, your Basic or ML program is gone. But maybe the good hackers, errm, programmers can find a way to patch the animation and add some code to the XEX, so that another program is loaded, when a key has been pressed, but the patch and code to do so will not be easy.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users