Apollo 400 Watt Power Supply for the ADAM Computer Memory Console

30 replies to this topic

#26 HDTV1080P OFFLINE  

HDTV1080P

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 738 posts

Posted Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:55 PM

#1) there is no standard color coding on DE9 (you incorrectly refer to it as a DB, there is a difference) and even manufactures will get colors going to different connections from lot to lot

#2) you do not need UL approved tape and connectors for low voltage DC

#3) you do not need 100$ crimpers to perform these tasks, much like you do not need a 70$ wire stripper 

#4) quit talking to us like we are fuckin morons

#5) don't post bullshit scare tactics to push your sales

5 in particular no, consumers wont be paying 25% more for a power supply magically overnight. The companies who build power supplies in the US will have to pay 25% more for components. Those made in other places wont have to pay the tariff, and there's not a tariff on finished electronic goods, which makes the entire thing fucking stupid but I wont get into that as it gets into politics 

(1) There is a standard color code used for ATX power supplies and the one and only Coleco printer power cord. The color code I gave is correct when connecting to the Coleco ADAM power cord to a ATX power supply (This information was provided for those that want to install their own wire harness.

(2) Yes I am aware that UL is optional certification. However if the UL electrical tape and other UL products are not that much more expensive, I would prefer to use UL listed or approved material.  

(3) I never said a $100 crimping tool and $70 wire stripper were required. Some people might solder the wires directly on the circuit board to save money, or some people might locate a lower cost basic stripper and crimping tools. It all depends on how and what is used to connect everything.

(4) The profanity you use is not acceptable on most websites. I never called anyone a moron. Some people do not know how to install their own wire harness on a ATX power supply. The information I gave is very helpful for some people that want to install their own wire harness.

(5) I am not posting any scare tactics. Some companies in the United States this week have been getting emails from some Chinese dealers letting them know that all their products including in stock items well receive a 10% price increase now. And a total 25% price increase after January 1st 2019. This is for finished goods imported from China like power supplies. This is useful information in case someone wants to buy their own power supply and install a wire harness on it. A 25% increase on power supplies next year is what people call inflation.

Edited by HDTV1080P, Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:58 PM.

#27 Osgeld OFFLINE  

Osgeld

Quadrunner

• 5,729 posts

Posted Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:25 PM

(1) There is a standard color code used for ATX power supplies and the one and only Coleco printer power cord. The color code I gave is correct when connecting to the Coleco ADAM power cord to a ATX power supply (This information was provided for those that want to install their own wire harness.

yes but there is no color standard for the DE9 cable, which was exactly what I posted

(2) Yes I am aware that UL is optional certification. However if the UL electrical tape and other UL products are not that much more expensive, I would prefer to use UL listed or approved material.  

no you just choose to make up more words to make it seem like your doing something above and beyond, fact is its not required and its hard to find non UL approved connectors and tape unless your buying from shady sources on ebay. quit making it out more than it is, its a 1 dollar roll of electrical tape and a 3$ connector kit from harbor freight

(3) I never said a $100 crimping tool and $70 wire stripper were required. Some people might solder the wires directly on the circuit board to save money, or some people might locate a lower cost basic stripper and crimping tools. It all depends on how and what is used to connect everything.

no you just choose to point out that and post spam links to those items, again to make it seem more special and to scare people who may not know, its dishonest and slimy

(4) The profanity you use is not acceptable on most websites. I never called anyone a moron. Some people do not know how to install their own wire harness on a ATX power supply. The information I gave is very helpful for some people that want to install their own wire harness.

but its not here to a point, so deal with it, and while you never call anyone a moron you talk to us like we know nothing absolutely at all, there's a way to tell people how to do things without talking down to them and trying to spam them all in the same run on sentence

(5) I am not posting any scare tactics. Some companies in the United States this week have been getting emails from some Chinese dealers letting them know that all their products including in stock items well receive a 10% price increase now. And a total 25% price increase after January 1st 2019. This is for finished goods imported from China like power supplies. This is useful information in case someone wants to buy their own power supply and install a wire harness on it. A 25% increase on power supplies next year is what people call inflation.

Then why did you bring it up??? These companies you magically refer to are either scum trying to suck more money or do not exist, finished products as of right now do not incur tariffs.

I know why you wanted to bring it up, its a sleezeball "buy it now before the guberment makes you pay me an extra 25% on stuff I already have" again talking to us like morons

Edited by Osgeld, Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:34 PM.

#28 HDTV1080P OFFLINE  

HDTV1080P

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 738 posts

Posted Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:40 PM

Yes finished products like power supplies and other electronics imported from China are getting charged a 10% tariff now, and the tariff is increased to 25% on Jan 1st 2019. That's called inflation.

If you do not like this thread about a Coleco ADAM Computer power supply, you can just ignore the thread. No one is forcing you to read the thread. Also just because one is explaining a few details on how to install a Coleco ADAM or ColecoVision wire harness on a ATX power supply, does not mean someone is talking in a negative way to someone. I know making power supplies and installing a wire harness is basic electronic knowledge when compared to making a Computer or videogame system, however there are some people that surf the web that do not know that much about power supplies and wire harnesses. Therefore this thread is useful information for someone that wants to install their own Coleco style wire harness instead of paying full price for a power supply that already has the wire harness installed.  

Edited by HDTV1080P, Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:42 PM.

#29 Osgeld OFFLINE  

Osgeld

Quadrunner

• 5,729 posts

Posted Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:49 PM

inflation and tariffs are 2 different things, that is why they use two different words 

you should learn to use words instead of vomiting them for endless pages which equate to nothing of substance or meaning 

#30 HDTV1080P OFFLINE  

HDTV1080P

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 738 posts

Posted Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:11 PM

inflation and tariffs are 2 different things, that is why they use two different words 

you should learn to use words instead of vomiting them for endless pages which equate to nothing of substance or meaning 

I know a tariff is a tax placed on imported goods. However when companies increase the list price on the product that is called inflation. And that is what Chinese companies are doing. If the tariff is 10% they are currently increasing the product purchased by retail stores 10%. When the tariffs are 25% the same Chinese companies plan on increasing the product price by 25%.  

#31 Osgeld OFFLINE  

Osgeld

Quadrunner

• 5,729 posts

Posted Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:14 PM

jeesus, there is no hope for you

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users