IGNORED

Saving Rom Cartridge

9640News

OK, here is what I want to do.

Is there already a utility of some sort that can run under the Editor/Assembler cartridge that will allow me to save a block of memory as a program image file?

Specifically, I want to save the Ram space from >6000 to >7FFF as a program image file that can be loaded as a cartridge image later.

What I have is an E/A cartridge with 8K, that when I turn on my computer, has the Myarc Extended Basic 2 "cartridge" so it can load Extended Basic 2. I want to be able to save that ram as a ROM/RAM cartridge image so I can specify it in the future as a module that hopefully can be loaded by the FinalGrom cartridge.

I did this with the GramKracker back in the late 80's, but no longer have the image. If someone else has a Myarc 512K card with GramKracker that can save the image that has the load 128K OS option, that would also serve my purpose.

Thanks.

Beery

I am on a computer where I can not look at the DSK image to know if the Rom/Ram gramkracker dump is within the DSK image, or if it is just the program files for the program itself. Will have to look tonight. I need the GK file of the cartridge so I move away from the EA supercart and use the FinalGrom cartridge.

Beery

• Like 1

There's also the basic SAVE utility on the Editor/Assembler DISK A. It would require you to create a little object file that DEFs "SLOAD" and "SFIRST" as the first address of the block, and "SLAST" as after the last address. Load your data, load this little file, and load SAVE, then run SAVE to get PROGRAM image files.

Not the simplest, probably, but the oldest! ;)

Is there already a utility of some sort that can run under the Editor/Assembler cartridge that will allow me to save a block of memory as a program image file?

Specifically, I want to save the Ram space from >6000 to >7FFF as a program image file that can be loaded as a cartridge image later.

What I have is an E/A cartridge with 8K, that when I turn on my computer, has the Myarc Extended Basic 2 "cartridge" so it can load Extended Basic 2. I want to be able to save that ram as a ROM/RAM cartridge image so I can specify it in the future as a module that hopefully can be loaded by the FinalGrom cartridge.

I did this with the GramKracker back in the late 80's, but no longer have the image. If someone else has a Myarc 512K card with GramKracker that can save the image that has the load 128K OS option, that would also serve my purpose.

Thanks.

Beery

The cartridge "ram" portion is loaded by the DSR .. SO all you really need is finalgrom99 to emulate a 6k ram cart with EA and you are set It has RAM on board and can emulate a minimemory so I'd think it could do either.

Thanks.

Beery

Beery,

Back in the day, Genprog's LINK tool was useful for making cartridge images. It might not fit your use case. But if one has a lot of relocatable or absolute object files and wants them organized in cartridge banks or PGM files for use on a 4A, the process can be scripted.

Edited by FarmerPotato
  • Like 1