IGNORED

Songbird Lynx games back in stock soon

Songbird

Some of you may have noticed that many of my Songbird Lynx titles have been out of stock for 1-2 years or longer. I'm happy to announce that I've finally secured a new run, and all my Songbird games except MegaPak should be back in stock starting in October 2018. MegaPak is a special case since it uses a EEPROM for saving data, and I don't have a new run of that game lined up yet.

This is a way for me to test the waters on Lynx games and also potentially help spur me back to Lynx development. I've got several games that have been sidelined due to lack of cartridge production, so it will be nice to offer these once again to Lynx fans.

Thanks to everyone who has supported Songbird over the years! It was actually 20 years ago that I first took pre-orders on my little SFX sound tool for the Lynx. Been a great ride supporting Atari systems for two decades. :)

• Like 12

After loosing my complete Lynx collection in a house fire 5 years ago, my wife bought me a Lynx last week for my birthday. I can't wait to Championship Rally again. Until it becomes available, I ordered Zaku to keep me busy!

If it’s McWill’d, be sure to go back to Slime World. That game’s amazing with the upgrade.

• Like 1

If it’s McWill’d, be sure to go back to Slime World. That game’s amazing with the upgrade.

Agreed; Todd's Adventures in Slime World looks amazing with the McWill screen!

(Reminder: it's also the subject of the next episode of The Atari Lynx HandyCast :-) )

Eat. Sleep. LYNX. Repeat.

-MillipedeMan

a.k.a. Mark

sml_gallery_40064_2064_644584.jpg

BTW, Carl...

In my next episode of The Atari Lynx HandyCast, I'd like to mention that you plan to make many of Songbird's titles available for ordering once again on the Songbird website, beginning in October. But before I do, I want to make sure that it's okay with you; don't want to flood the gates too much for you. Just let me know, please. Thanks, and keep up your great work on keeping our favorite handheld console relevant in 2018! :-)

-MillipedeMan

a.k.a. Mark

The McWill screen or Slime World?

Todd's Adventures in Slime World is the subject of the next episode. I may do an episode on Lynx mods and modern-day add-ons in a later special episode.

-MillipedeMan

a.k.a. Mark

Edited by MillipedeMan
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the questions!

Shipping is flat rate worldwide, so buying multiple games at once is definitely more cost effective. I am also checking into Euorpean distribution options.

It's always OK to talk about the Lynx and of course Songbird too. More interest is good for all. ;)

Curvy is groovy!

Still using CD cases but getting most labels and inserts professionally printed for better quality this time around.

• Like 2

Curvy is groovy!

Carl, should we take this as a hint that newly re-stocked games will come in curved lip carts? If so, will those curved lip carts be the same ones used in the Zaku re-release and recent Telegames re-releases? I'm really curious to know if you all guys are actually sourcing carts from the same place, which might open up interesting oportunities for homebrewers out there.

• 3 weeks later...

Most Songbird games are now back in stock! As you can see, they are all the new curved lip style. Each game includes a professionally printed glossy label and full color CD-style insert + instruction book.

post-535-0-81149300-1538959147.png

Note that these were fairly expensive to produce and I only have a few dozen of each in stock. I am testing the waters with this new process and packaging to see if I can continue to produce future runs of my old games as well as keep the Lynx alive with even more releases in the next few years. Order your copies now on the Songbird website.

post-535-0-23352500-1538959166.png

I'll try to get more pics up on the website soon. For reference, here are all the games back in stock:

CF2006 Championship Rally (4 players)
CF2008 Crystal Mines II: Buried Treasure
CF2007 CyberVirus
CF2003 Lexis
CF2009 Loopz (2 players)
CF2002 Ponx (2 players on 1 Lynx)
CF2005 Remnant: PW3D
CF2001 SFX

Long live the Lynx! :D

• Like 6

I just bought the third copy of "Championship Rally"
I hope not to pay customs fees ....
I would also be interested in the roms for the SD! Will you give it in the future?
Request .... Could you make a video of the Ultravore demo?
On the internet you see a bad video. Now with the new screens you should see the game in all its glory!