Photo

Songbird Lynx games back in stock soon

48 replies to this topic

#26 PFG 9000 OFFLINE  

PFG 9000

Moonsweeper

• 476 posts

Posted Mon Oct 8, 2018 8:28 PM

I'm excited to have these in curved lip carts. I just placed an order. I would love to order all six, but I can't afford a purchase that big at this time. I didn't see an option to leave a note. Will all orders be getting curved lip carts (while they're in stock, of course), or do we need to specify that we want that version?

#27 Songbird OFFLINE  

Songbird

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,566 posts

Posted Tue Oct 9, 2018 5:39 AM

For now, all orders will receive curved lip. I only have a handful of black PCB style carts left, and will offer those at a later time on my site or to anyone who specifically requests them.

#28 Songbird OFFLINE  

Songbird

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,566 posts

Posted Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:58 PM

Now that's a party!  :)

ChampRally_pile_curved_clear.png

Also, new label and cover design for Lexis:

Lexis_curved_clear_small.png

#29 BadPricey OFFLINE  

BadPricey

Moonsweeper

• 424 posts

Posted Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:26 AM

I've ordered Championship Rally from Telegames UK. I guess he buys or orders them from you? If so please send him my copy asap 😉

#30 Songbird OFFLINE  

Songbird

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,566 posts

Posted Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:19 PM

Some people have asked me about discounted international shipping options. As you may know, I always offer flat-rate shipping, so it doesn't matter whether you order 1 game or 10 games, you always know what the shipping price will be. But I also understand the shipping can be high for international customers, especially for small orders.

So, I've got some good news: until the end of October 2018, I will discount international shipping from $40 down to $25 flat-rate for any number of Lynx games you order direct from the Songbird website. To make this work, I will not include the plastic CD jewel cases in your order; you will need to supply your own. Just enter "NO CASES" in the shipping instructions, and I will manually refund $15 to you. You will of course receive the Lynx cartridge and printed CD insert / instructions, just not the plastic case itself.

#31 davidcalgary29 OFFLINE  

davidcalgary29

Quadrunner

• 5,991 posts

Posted Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:01 PM

That’s really generous, Carl. :)

#32 Twoface2 OFFLINE  

Twoface2

Chopper Commander

• 137 posts

Posted Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:30 AM

So, I've got some good news: until the end of October 2018, I will discount international shipping from $40 down to $25 flat-rate for any number of Lynx games you order direct from the Songbird website. To make this work, I will not include the plastic CD jewel cases in your order; you will need to supply your own. Just enter "NO CASES" in the shipping instructions, and I will manually refund $15 to you. You will of course receive the Lynx cartridge and printed CD insert / instructions, just not the plastic case itself.

Is the plastic inside your CD case cut out, or is it the normal one to hold the CD?

#33 Songbird OFFLINE  

Songbird

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,566 posts

Posted Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:51 AM

Standard 10.4mm CD jewel case (not the "slim" kind), with no special cut-outs or modifications. Cheap to buy, expensive to ship. :)

#34 mvirtuale OFFLINE  

mvirtuale

Chopper Commander

• 175 posts

Posted Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:46 AM

"Championship Rally" has arrived! :-D
Today I have fun with the lynx! :rolling:
For the future I hope to have fun with Ultravore! ;)

#35 karri ONLINE  

karri

River Patroller

• 2,504 posts

Posted Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:04 AM

"Championship Rally" has arrived! :-D
Today I have fun with the lynx! :rolling:
For the future I hope to have fun with Ultravore! ;)

There is one feature I liked a lot in "Championship Rally". You can tune the cars differently. So if you play with a child or beginner you can give him a better car to make the game more interesting.

#36 Songbird OFFLINE  

Songbird

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,566 posts

Posted Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:14 PM

Champ Rally is definitely one of my favorite post-Atari Lynx releases. And while (as the publisher) I am biased, it's pretty impressive for a completely hobby-made game. My only contribution was the music, sound f/x, and a couple of menu graphics. Lucien deserves the real credit for the game. :) It has different race tracks, shortcuts, powerups, road hazards, and even AI or ghost cars to race against! Plus I've always been a sucker for overhead racing games since the days of RC Pro-Am on the NES... :D

#37 Songbird OFFLINE  

Songbird

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,566 posts

Posted Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:37 AM

To make it even simpler for international customers, from now through October 31, flat-rate international shipping has been discounted:

• $20 for Canada
  • $25 worldwide

No discount codes necessary; the Songbird shopping cart has been updated to reflected these prices. And the plastic CD jewel cases will be included with all Songbird Lynx game orders.

Also: I have about 4 each of the Telegames Lynx releases in stock, and a few more Zaku carts too. Not to mention LOOPZ for the Atari Jaguar is now available for pre-order. :) Get them while they're available!

#38 Songbird OFFLINE  

Songbird

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,566 posts

Posted Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:37 AM

Reminder: today is the last day to take advantage of the reduced international shipping prices. Thanks for all the orders so far!

#39 Iwantgames:) OFFLINE  

Iwantgames:)

River Patroller

• 2,386 posts

Posted Thu Nov 1, 2018 10:22 PM

I really shouldnt have but I ordered Cybervirus and Desert Strike :) cant wait to play on my new McWill screen :)

Edited by Iwantgames:), Thu Nov 1, 2018 10:23 PM.

#40 BadPricey OFFLINE  

BadPricey

Moonsweeper

• 424 posts

Posted Sat Nov 3, 2018 7:48 AM

My Championship Rally arrived from Telegames UK today. Curved lip version 😉

#41 Songbird OFFLINE  

Songbird

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,566 posts

Posted Sat Nov 3, 2018 8:10 AM

Nice! Have fun with it. :D

#42 Songbird OFFLINE  

Songbird

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,566 posts

Posted Sat Nov 3, 2018 10:44 AM

And here's a look at the newly designed Loopz label... went for the retro look to match it up with the new Jaguar Loopz release. :)

Loopz_curved_clear.png

#43 Iwantgames:) OFFLINE  

River Patroller

• 2,386 posts

Posted Mon Nov 5, 2018 8:32 PM

Got my Cybervirus and Desert Strike today. Got stuck on mission 4 of Cybervirus for a bit but finally made it to 7 :) awesome game! I suck hard at Desert Strike lol

6C654DB5-9575-4387-BC70-DD2467787B6A.jpeg

#44 99catfights OFFLINE  

99catfights

Space Invader

• 18 posts

Posted Tue Nov 6, 2018 6:15 PM

Nice! Ive been agonizing over which two to buy as thats the max I can afford right now. Recommendations? I eventually want them all but are some expected to sell out sooner? Here are the ones Im most interested to play first:

Cybervirus
Double Dragon
Desert Strike
Super Off Road

#45 Iwantgames:) OFFLINE  

River Patroller

• 2,386 posts

Posted Tue Nov 6, 2018 7:51 PM

Nice! Ive been agonizing over which two to buy as thats the max I can afford right now. Recommendations? I eventually want them all but are some expected to sell out sooner? Here are the ones Im most interested to play first:

Cybervirus
Double Dragon
Desert Strike
Super Off Road

Desert Strike is great but really hard

Cybervirus is Excellent and definitely one Id say to get first

Havent played the other 2 yet

#46 madman OFFLINE  

madman

River Patroller

• 2,818 posts

Posted Tue Nov 6, 2018 8:35 PM

Save your money on Double Dragon. I love Super Off Road, but didn't love it on the Lynx. Go with Cybervirus unless you need to collect them all.

#47 haightc OFFLINE  

haightc

Chopper Commander

• 206 posts

Posted Thu Nov 8, 2018 7:14 PM

I have the telegames version of SuperOffRoad and it sucks super bad!     The slow down makes it essentially unplayable, I could have shown the one on my rom cart played better.     Is the versions from Songbird any different than I would have bought from telegame direct in the past.    I have original releases of desert strike and double dragon and they are both a lot of fun.    Don't think I have played cybervirus but then again I don't really care much for first person games, I think I played battlewheels for 5 minutes then never played it again.

#48 spudje OFFLINE  

spudje

Combat Commando

• 4 posts

Posted Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:19 AM

While I totally understand the price for a physical copy, covering manufacturing etc., I personally can not justify paying this much for a game (Championship Rally) + shipping I'm basically just curious to try out on my Lynx.

Would you consider offering rom file to play from my Multicard at a reduced price? I think you'll have more people interested in this.

#49 BadPricey OFFLINE  

BadPricey

Moonsweeper

• 424 posts

Posted Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:06 AM

While I totally understand the price for a physical copy, covering manufacturing etc., I personally can not justify paying this much for a game (Championship Rally) + shipping I'm basically just curious to try out on my Lynx.

Would you consider offering rom file to play from my Multicard at a reduced price? I think you'll have more people interested in this.

If you're in the UK Telegames usually have it , currently it's on pre-order. If you buy it and don't like it you'll easily sell it for what you paid.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users