Photo

Myster jag CD Eprom popped up.

30 replies to this topic

#26 remowilliams OFFLINE  

remowilliams

Quadrunner

• 10,585 posts

Posted Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:39 AM

I have a 4 eprom Jaguar cart. It has a selector switch and 8 games on it. I'm not sure if it is the same brand of cart as the one in that add but the soldering jobs are a hell of a lot better.

No not the same at all.  The multicart is assembled by someone who actually knows what they are doing (retrokidz) and isn't using an acetylene torch and a mallet for soldering.

#27 UHATEIT OFFLINE  

UHATEIT

Dragonstomper

• 573 posts

Posted Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:44 AM

No not the same at all.  The multicart is assembled by someone who actually knows what they are doing (retrokidz) and isn't using an acetylene torch and a mallet for soldering.

After relooking at the board it is different. I have NO experience soldering at all and wish I knew how to do cool stuff like this. My son has a few toys that are broken because he banged them and the wires snapped loose from the boards. I have no clue how to solder and reattach them, I need to learn! I'd rather learn tho on a cheap toy than a Jaguar cart tho.

#28 remowilliams OFFLINE  

remowilliams

Quadrunner

• 10,585 posts

Posted Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:31 AM

I have no clue how to solder and reattach them, I need to learn! I'd rather learn tho on a cheap toy than a Jaguar cart tho.

There's a lot of good videos out there to start learning with.  Pick yourself up a decent iron, find some old junk boards/cards with through hole components and get learning :)

#29 Clint Thompson OFFLINE  

Clint Thompson

River Patroller

• 4,372 posts
  • Kiss Reality Goodbye.

Posted Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:16 PM

There's a lot of good videos out there to start learning with.  Pick yourself up a decent iron, find some old junk boards/cards with through hole components and get learning :)

Make sure you and surrounding over-lookers wear safety glasses and don't make any quick movements. My buddy was helping solder a Jag board and jerked back quickly. Hot solder landed in his tear duct and we spent the rest of the evening at the hospital but his eye lives! I just don't think he can cry anymore... lol

#30 oracle_jedi OFFLINE  

oracle_jedi

Moonsweeper

• 469 posts
  • Nothing to Declare

Posted Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:29 PM

Besides the laughable soldering job, it also appears that the PROMs are inserted backwards.

The notches are supposed to be at the top on a 4-chip Jag cartridge PCB.

#31 DEATH OFFLINE  

DEATH

Space Invader

• 31 posts

Posted Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:57 PM

This is just a bad copy, or a damaged original version, of the CD bypass cartridge.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users