IGNORED

Introducing the Nintendo Game Boy Micro Classic Edition

I was never a fan of the micro form factor, by the time it came out I was in my 20's needing glasses and had fat man hands

the 10 year old me would think its rad but I was already cramping up on the SP and just wanted a football GBA with a decent screen (which I had a football GBA with a TV out mod bolted on)

I was never a fan of the micro form factor, by the time it came out I was in my 20's needing glasses and had fat man hands

Same...but I saw the Famicom version for sale at a Gamestop for $50 and I just had to have it. I'm a sucker for those Famicom colors. I didn't play on it much; I vastly preferred actually PLAYING on my GBA SP and GameBoy Player on Gamecube.

Oh man, Rugrats, Cats, Elf Bowling 1 *and* 2, and 7 Barbie games!

Most of this ad was "eh", but the game selection was some on-the-nose parody.

I didn't watch it, but I get the idea... seems like 99% of the system's library was cartoon licenses or whatever... it's one reason why I decline bidding on lots of auctions because they include so much of the crap-ware in the auction that it inflates the price of the system and just... arrggghhh I hate that crap. PARENTS! QUIT BUYING YOUR KIDS SHIT GAMES!

For those that did not watch it (you really should, that is why I embedded and not just link) judging by some comments, seems some are under the impression this is real? TO BE CLEAR it is a total joke / parody, made clear in the video about how ridiculous it would be to have such a tiny screen and device. Sorry, I really didn't think it would be required but going on comments it seems some assumed this was legit. I assumed the joke was self explanatory. :? :rolling:

It's 60% more mini than the Micro !!!! ;)

​IT'S NINTENDO SO YOU WILL BUY IT !

post-10336-0-61359200-1537991697_thumb.png

Then again, considering some of those cheapo import knockoffs on places like AliExspress this really would not be too far off.... :P

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer
  • Like 1

Don't know if you were referring to me or not (since I actually said I didn't watch it), but I got that it was a joke from the thumbnail.

I am serious about the crap games though... I know people bought GBA's for their kids to play in the back seat or whatever, but please... there are better games out there than Scooby Doo, Bratz, Barbie and Rugrats.

• Like 1

Don't know if you were referring to me or not (since I actually said I didn't watch it), but I got that it was a joke from the thumbnail.

I am serious about the crap games though... I know people bought GBA's for their kids to play in the back seat or whatever, but please... there are better games out there than Scooby Doo, Bratz, Barbie and Rugrats.

It's a multi-faceted problem, though.

1)Kids see a license they want and ask for the game, regardless of quality.

2)Parents assume the kids will like the game, based on familiarity with the characters. Its easier than getting to know something about the hobby your kid has.

3) IP holders not caring if their character appears in a crap game, since all characters appear in crap games.

4) Lazy and cheap devs more interested in spending money on a license deal than on dev time or talent.

• Like 2