IGNORED

Testers needed for Mr. Do!

Albert

I'd like to get a few testers for our upcoming release of Mr. Do! for the Atari 5200. This is a conversion from the Atari 8-bit computer by Wrathchild, and it'll be our first 5200 game that uses a bankswitched board. I'm looking for people who are familiar with the arcade version of Mr. Do! and have the time to thoroughly play the game to verify there are no issues.

We plan on having copies of the game available at the upcoming Portland Retro Gaming Expo, and then in the AtariAge Store in mid-November. We'll be selling the game initially with a professionally printed box, manual and label. Here's a picture of the cart:

5200_MrDo_Cart.jpg

In the interest of time, I'm looking for people in the US, since it can take 1-2 weeks to send a package outside the US.

Send me a PM if you'd like to help.

I have all the testers I need, thanks everyone who sent me a message offering to help. :)

Thanks,

..Al

• Like 6

shucks i would have loved to test it with various controllers ,wico,pc analog,digital sticks

heck i just need the board i can throw it in a pacman dupe shell

I sent out four carts today. You don't even really need a cart shell, you can just stick the board directly into the system. :D

..Al

• Like 3

The 800/XE version of Mr Do was always one of the nicer looking home versions with bright colors, fluid animation and use of multicolor sprites with well defined characters. Makes the Colecovision version look primitive by comparison which suffered from single color sprites and blob like character design. My only complaint with the Atari version is that I felt the beat of the music was too slow, almost sounded as if it were in slow motion. The CV version had the edge in sound which was more similar to the arcade. The perfect home version would be atari graphics and coleco sound

I was wondering if this is a straight conversion of that port or if any changes/improvements have been made?

Its more a less a direct port which involved shuffling some things around in memory, optimisation of the display list interrupts, removing some in-game copy-protection checks and hooks for self-modifying code that gets relocated to RAM.

• Like 1