IGNORED

Pokemon

Video

Umm what? What 50 hour tutorial? Wasn't it basically just a kind of rehash remaster of sorts sequel anyway with story changes? I never played Sun/Moon so I have no reason to think the worse of them, and I don't see a reason to drop them for a previous inferior setup if Nintendo felt it best to rebalance things. I can see why someone so invested into all things Pokemon could easily make lots of webpages or videos going into some standoffish rant fest why they feel slighted but I ignore garbage like that whatever the medium. Now if it goes into just a fan or casual player groaning over technical issues, then that's worth merit more than a super fan who tend to take stuff personally too much. I really wouldn't expect them to go back to the drawing board.

I was coming off that god awful X which was a painful hours killing slog to even get to the first gym let alone the second. Bad balance, slow play, grindy and painful in any way possible for a pokemon level game. Ultra Sun/Moon though, not at all. It was more like going to a true story like a 16bit SNES RPG would do, but then like the SMT games you have your monster capture and use aspect as the player itself commands not combats. I love the gyms being out, islands having so many nice sections you progress around so you get everything in well managed bits that keep you engaged as the story just grows and adds twists. X was trying to be a crappiest version of like Pokemon Red from 21 years ago, it was just a life sucking horribly retread same format for 2 decades adding so many problems to the boredom growing over 20 years of no change.

I agree with you on Ultra being better than X/Y, I just didn't like the long tutorial. It was cut down a bit from the original Sun/Moon but it was still long.

I also liked the original Sun/Moon's story better than Ultra. But don't get me wrong, both are vastly superior to the dumpster fire that is X/Y.

Maybe there's a change between S/M and US/UM but I don't really remember some long let alone 50 hour tutorial. Unless getting all the totem pokemon and island leaders you fly or surf to knocked off you're considering some tutorial for a larger game behind it I'm lost on the comment. Dumpster Fire is exactly how I feel about X/Y.

My pokemon play is pretty easy to track R - Y- FireRed - SoulSilver - X - UltraSun.

I do own Crystal but only in recent last couple years and I have yet to play it. I read up enough on the GBA and DS stand outs they seemed exceptionally re-runny and horrible to even bother with as they seemed to basically do nothing new other than minimal changes, a berry, a team battle, a 2on2 fight, but the core mechanics were nothing different. Start - route - gym - route pre-gym - do gym, wash rinse repeat to final four -- Zzz. No, just no more. They took all that was awful on those re-runs and made it worse with that broken dumpster fire mess they did on 3DS X/Y. I wasn't going to even buy Ultra Sun but I found cheap copy a few months after it came out for $20 I knew I could make $10 on if it sucked, but it ended up being excellent so I kept it. :)

LOL, wow you guys are some haters LOL.

Anyhiw, one gym left and then the elite four, and I guess I'll be done, other than random grinding.

Anyhow, got son already and may get moon when I start that, I like to get a bit and girl character going at once. I don't know if it's imagined or not, but it seems it you select a sex, most the Pokemon you encounter are for some reason the opposite sex, what's with that?

One thing I'd like to know, have any of you ever caught all the Pokemon? I don't know how practical, time consuming, or even possible that would be with like 900 or however many of the fuckers there are now. I'd kind of like to try, but I'd probably go back to red/blue with only 150 creatures, though I seem to recall only ever getting around 60-70 of them, and most being dupes from one game to the next.

Maybe there's a change between S/M and US/UM but I don't really remember some long let alone 50 hour tutorial. Unless getting all the totem pokemon and island leaders you fly or surf to knocked off you're considering some tutorial for a larger game behind it I'm lost on the comment. Dumpster Fire is exactly how I feel about X/Y.

My pokemon play is pretty easy to track R - Y- FireRed - SoulSilver - X - UltraSun.

I do own Crystal but only in recent last couple years and I have yet to play it. I read up enough on the GBA and DS stand outs they seemed exceptionally re-runny and horrible to even bother with as they seemed to basically do nothing new other than minimal changes, a berry, a team battle, a 2on2 fight, but the core mechanics were nothing different. Start - route - gym - route pre-gym - do gym, wash rinse repeat to final four -- Zzz. No, just no more. They took all that was awful on those re-runs and made it worse with that broken dumpster fire mess they did on 3DS X/Y. I wasn't going to even buy Ultra Sun but I found cheap copy a few months after it came out for $20 I knew I could make $10 on if it sucked, but it ended up being excellent so I kept it. :)

It doesn't help X and Y not only had few new Pokemon, but they gave you two starters which the game was specifically designed around so you could easily clobber everything. Then you have the worst implementation of EXP share on top of that.

Ultra is a good game but I'm surprised you don't remember the tutorial, most people reviewing the game usually bring up the tutorial.

LOL, wow you guys are some haters LOL.

Anyhiw, one gym left and then the elite four, and I guess I'll be done, other than random grinding.

Anyhow, got son already and may get moon when I start that, I like to get a bit and girl character going at once. I don't know if it's imagined or not, but it seems it you select a sex, most the Pokemon you encounter are for some reason the opposite sex, what's with that?

One thing I'd like to know, have any of you ever caught all the Pokemon? I don't know how practical, time consuming, or even possible that would be with like 900 or however many of the fuckers there are now. I'd kind of like to try, but I'd probably go back to red/blue with only 150 creatures, though I seem to recall only ever getting around 60-70 of them, and most being dupes from one game to the next.

Haters? Don't tell me you thought that laser plot was good!

I've never been interested in a Pokemon game enough to collect all the Pokemon in any game. This comes from a guy that got all the Battle Chips in Battle Network 3 without a guide.

Part of the reason why is catching Pokemon becomes less fun each entry. It's also rather pointless since the games are designed in such a way that only a certain handful of Pokemon are viable in SP and in Multiplayer it's even worse since everyone uses the same 5-6 Pokemon because of how useless all the others are in the meta.

In X and Y's case most of the Pokemon aren't even new. It's basically 3D Gen 1 with Lucario and a few new faces. The games also specifically designed so that your Gen 5 and Gen 1 starters will basically wreck everything and always be over leveled.

The EXP share was the only item that made me not shut the game off hours earlier in that painful slog as it really helped level up the others I was not using a lot. It was the one huge thing I've hated since it was made was having to keep rotating out garbage or garbage level experience pokemon and have a good one be a punching bag to rack up its levels with many backtracks to nurse Jenny.

I guess I didn't think much of the tutorial since X was so traumatically rotten and the last two I made a real attempt at before was Soul Silver on DS and FireRed before. Perhaps they added enough things and changes I really didn't notice being fresh back into it making it not feel like a dragged out painful rerun of known things. That and they do let you at least button mash to speed the texts along too.

And video - never. I saw no reason to because you can't get them all on one game and at the age I was when it came out, there would be zero change for me to bother trading and I mostly hate multiplayer games so I wasn't going to battle either. I actually did get Pokemon games to start as something new, then with Yellow for the anime story, and the story since.

Heh, you guys going to be ok?

Sounds like you need a hug LOL.

Naw, the story isn't great, nice effects though. Only reason I remember it at all is due to me actively playing it now. It was nearly five years since I played it last. Like I said, I doubt many people played any of the games for their "excellent story"

Originally I just wanted to know how to transfer between games, online was vague at best and cryptic mostly. I didn't know it would lead to conversations of "it ruined my childhood" er "it ruined a few years ago" I mean :D

Anyhow, beat lasandre (sp?) And they activated that anyways, so now I'm off to that town to see what's up.

• Like 2

Heh, you guys going to be ok?

Sounds like you need a hug LOL.

Naw, the story isn't great, nice effects though. Only reason I remember it at all is due to me actively playing it now. It was nearly five years since I played it last. Like I said, I doubt many people played any of the games for their "excellent story"

Originally I just wanted to know how to transfer between games, online was vague at best and cryptic mostly. I didn't know it would lead to conversations of "it ruined my childhood" er "it ruined a few years ago" I mean :D

Anyhow, beat lasandre (sp?) And they activated that anyways, so now I'm off to that town to see what's up.

never doubt how fervent fans can be! :D

• Like 1

Well finished that today, just short of 50 hours. I'll probably troll around and do a bit of stuff for a while. Lots of stuff I haven't done yet, mostly things involving breaking/pushing rocks or surfing. I seem to remember there was some places I could go to consistently battle npc's, I'll have to find those.places

It IS the weekend, and I got moon, maybe I'll start into that soon. I'll still have to pick up sun sometime.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Well enjoyed that. It's a bit different not using the league and stadiums and such. Don't know how far in I'm at the moment, but I'm on the last island so probably about finished with it.

Moon is extremely handholdy, not sure what to think of that, the games were always pretty straightforward imo, but I do like that once you right a pokemon, it tells you how effective your attacks are (or not lol) granted most I already know, due to playing since red/blue days on dmg, but handy with unfamiliar moves or new pokemon. Robodex needs to f$%& off sometimes lol.

Refresh, uh, no, just no. I do like virtual pet things, but, eh, I'd probably stick to dedicated games for that. But maybe I'll play with that once I'm down to just harvesting pokemon since there probably won't be much else to do.

Anyhow, as I'm (I assume) almost finished with it, I was going to start Sun on a new game, but it's dirty and it works poorly till you get it hooked up right. Once it's a good connection it's fine, but getting it to boot initially is a b!tch. Sooo... How do you clean these things? I guess I'm a dumbass of just oblivious or something, but I never noticed the cards have uh, little standoff/devider things between the pins. Apparently so does regular ds games, heh, but how do you clean them?

Anyhow, maybe I'll get a new sun at some point, moon, well all my other ds/3d's games were new, just never thought about it or run into that before.