IGNORED

800XL: Any ideas on how to fix a color flickering pot?

seastalker

The most obvious is to desolder the old one and replace it but I don't know if those little mini preset pots are still on sale these days, we (Maplin) sold then in certain types back then but that's a LONG time ago..

Bypasses could get ugly tho..

Switch cleaner might help, depends if its dirt on the track or the track is eroded..

Edited by Mclaneinc

And UAV wont bypass the color adj pot.I also have color problems in my 600XL, I thought it was the pot or a capacitor. At the end it was a bad connection of the Phi1 signal that goes to the color adj circuit due to a broken socket.

I changed the Sally socket and the color went back to normal. Check that too.

tuner/switch cleaner spray just before dry work it... spray

If spray does not fix it, pinching the the tabs on the potentiometer may help, Take a flat round tool like a punch and support the bottom half of the pot through the access hole in the case/pcb and then a decent flat head screwdriver and bend on the tabs on either side of the adjustmen hole... If you have a plastic one pushing the same idea pushing around the plastic hole can help just don't slip or destroy the plastic..

after that retouching solder joints and cleaning reseating stuff may help,

if still not cured replace the pot..

after that it's check chips time..

Before all that... :)

make sure an LCA monitor cord has not gone flakey! and their corresponding jack haven't gotten borked over time.. (if seen this firsthand and had to re seat input board and or solder connectors in televisons (olevia brands etc..)

do not forget if using an LCA monitor that has a slider switch that the slider switch on the monitor may need cleaning etc.

Edited by _The Doctor__