Photo

Starpath Supercharger CD/WAV Files

3 replies to this topic

#1 CX40Hero OFFLINE  

CX40Hero

Chopper Commander

• 135 posts

Posted Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:42 AM

I remember several years ago a CD compendium of all the Starpath Games was released, are these still available?

I do own a Starpath along with one original game (Communist Mutants From Space) and would love to play more but the prices for original tapes, even those excluding original packaging, is huge.

Are the CD's still available or have the games been converted to WAV files and free to download?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

IMG_0053.jpg

#2 alex_79 OFFLINE  

alex_79

Stargunner

• 1,195 posts

Posted Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:17 AM

No need to get the CD. The roms for all the original games are available (for example on Atarimania). You can convert them to wav using the "makewav" utility, or play them directly (without generating a file) out of the soundcard with "Playbin".

Attached File  makewav4.2.zip   55.6KB   30 downloads

Attached File  Playbin23.zip   39.22KB   33 downloads

The "makewav" archive contains sources that you can use to build a linux executable. Playbin is windows only, but works fine in Linux using wine.

I suggest to use an adapter when connecting the Supercharger to stereo equipment like a CD player or the PC soundcard, as the mono plug shorts the right channel to ground and not all devices might be designed to safely handle that.

I built mine using a short cable, an in-line female mono socket and a male stereo plug. Only the left channel and ground are connected between the two; the right channel of the plug is left disconnected.

#3 Spriggy OFFLINE  

Spriggy

Moonsweeper

• 457 posts
  • What???

Posted Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:18 AM

Search and you will find.....

http://atariage.com/...h-supercharger/

Mediafire link appears still active.

Edited by spriggamortis, Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:24 AM.

#4 CX40Hero OFFLINE  

CX40Hero

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 135 posts

Posted Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:18 AM

Fantastic!

Downloading now :D

http://www.mediafire.com/?jppcfx3srlfa3s8

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users