IGNORED

PS3 Move Light Gun Games

boxpressed

I started a thread on Wii Zapper games that included a lot of good information on PS3 Move light gun games, so I thought that these Move games deserved their own thread.

So far I have "The Shoot," "Time Crisis Razing Storm," and "Killzone 3" (not shown). The first two are really fun, and KZ3 might be, but it's not exactly my cup of tea. I want a pick up and play rail shooter for when I have 20 minutes to kill.

I would say that the Sharpshooter accessory is a must if you want the Move to live up to its potential as a light gun accessory. It's pretty hefty with the Move and the Navigation controller attached and adds a lot to the overall experience.

I have the Guncon 3 version of Time Crisis 4, and the Move version that comes with "Razing Storm" is far superior, IMO, largely because you're not tethered to the console by a USB cable. I also find it easier to reload and switch weapons with the Sharpshooter setup.

I'd say that if you're patient, you could pick up the Move, Navigation controller, PS3 Eye, and Sharpshooter for around $50. The games are $5-$15. "Razing Storm" is one of the more expensive PS3 games at around $15, but it includes three completely different light gun games, including Time Crisis 4, which you used to need the Guncon 3 to play.

I've recently said goodbye to our trusty 35" Sony Trinitron CRT, but these next gen light gun games help to ease the transition. If only Sony would make all the PS1 and PS2 light gun games PS3 or PS4 Move compatible.

post-30018-0-49596500-1537639347_thumb.jpg

Yeah, the House of the Dead: Overkill has more missions and a new character compared to the Wii version.

I have all the House of the Dead games available on the PS3 (2, 3, 4, and Overkill). If only they would have done a remastered version of the first game ...

I also have the Resident Evil light gun games on the PS3, but I have yet to get around to playing them. I usually play these games with a friend, and it's just easy to pick up and play the House of the Dead games.

• Like 1

Yeah, the House of the Dead: Overkill has more missions and a new character compared to the Wii version.

I have all the House of the Dead games available on the PS3 (2, 3, 4, and Overkill). If only they would have done a remastered version of the first game ...

I also have the Resident Evil light gun games on the PS3, but I have yet to get around to playing them. I usually play these games with a friend, and it's just easy to pick up and play the House of the Dead games.

I have to agree. The only home version of the first HOTD is the super expensive and not so great Saturn version, I believe. It's strange that HOTD 2 on forward got so many versions, but they always skip HOTD 1.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 9/30/2018 at 12:29 AM, Curious Sofa said:

I have to agree. The only home version of the first HOTD is the super expensive and not so great Saturn version, I believe. It's strange that HOTD 2 on forward got so many versions, but they always skip HOTD 1.

The issue with House of the Dead 1 is the source code is lost, so the original code essentially can't be ported to another platform. It's either emulate it or recreate it from scratch. 

Edited by Atariboy

2 hours ago, Atariboy said:

The issue with House of the Dead 1 is the source code is lost, so the original code essentially can't be ported to another platform. It's either emulate it or recreate it from scratch. 

Ya know, all of these years I always assumed they always recreate older arcade ports from scratch, with the occasional emulation. I had no idea you can just port it over with a source code with very different, modern hardware.

• Like 1

They often emulate arcade classics, but with the 3d polygonal era of arcade gaming, it's almost always been more cost efficient to port those to modern platforms rather than emulate. The hardware reaches such a level of complexity and often only a handful of games run on a particular type of hardware, that it can't be financially justified. Arcade gaming pre 1990 though on 2000's console hardware has pretty much been all emulation.

Then you have M2's work with Sega which seems to be a weird hybrid that straddles the line. It's not pure emulation, but at the same time it's not strictly a port of the original code. As best as I can put together with my limited technical knowledge while reading those excellent interviews that they used to produce for each 3D Classics release on the 3DS, their work at that point in time on the 3DS (And now Switch) was essentially a hybrid of both types at the same time.

Jeff Vavasour, a name familiar to us at AtariAge (And anyone that played a Digital Eclipse or Code Mystics compilation), did a nice write up years ago that touches on this much better than I ever could. 

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 2

• 6 months later...

HOTD is bad on the Saturn and that's despite it being my favourite retro console. It could have been a lot better. Luckily the local arcade has the proper machine!

I have Razing Storm which is pretty good. I like HOTD Overkill but not being able to skip the cut scenes ruins the game after the first few plays, unless there is a way I've missed?

Didn't realise 3 and 4 were available, PSN only by looks of it, will have to see if still available and cheap.

I have most gun games for the Saturn and Dreamcast which are rigged up to my CRT. Recently got a few good ones for the Wii as well, Ghost Squad, Gunblade and Machineguns double pack

• Like 1

5 hours ago, str0m said:

HOTD is bad on the Saturn and that's despite it being my favourite retro console. It could have been a lot better. Luckily the local arcade has the proper machine!

I have Razing Storm which is pretty good. I like HOTD Overkill but not being able to skip the cut scenes ruins the game after the first few plays, unless there is a way I've missed?

Didn't realise 3 and 4 were available, PSN only by looks of it, will have to see if still available and cheap.

I have most gun games for the Saturn and Dreamcast which are rigged up to my CRT. Recently got a few good ones for the Wii as well, Ghost Squad, Gunblade and Machineguns double pack

Wow, I missed that earlier mention of HOTD 3 and 4. They are $7 and $10, respectively, on the PS Store.

I am waiting on the delivery of an HDMI transmitter so that I will be able to play Move games with a projector and a 120" screen.

• Like 1

The only problem I've found with one of my Move controllers at least is it seems to wander the aim/crosshair and I have to push which ever button it is whilst pointing at the camera to resync it if you follow. I have another one so should test that. Not had any issues with the Wii.

• 4 weeks later...
Regarding House of the dead 4 with the move controller , i really would like to beat the game

May i ask , Who would i need to contact if i have a problem with an artemis cheat .ncl ?

I have tried Dozens of Methods to Try to Get " The House of the dead 4 .ncl "to work and noting seems to activate the cheat ... Really want infinite ammo and infinite health to beat the game

please point me in the right direction for the help if you could ... thank you