Photo

Cool and extensive home gameroom

4 replies to this topic

#1 negative1 ONLINE  

negative1

Moonsweeper

• 459 posts

Posted Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:08 PM

Guy has ton of home consoles, and arcade games.

Very nice layout.

later

#2 TheCoolDave OFFLINE  

TheCoolDave

Space Invader

• 12 posts

Posted Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:40 AM

You want to talk about a game collector. I've been watching "last gamer" for a while (I own about 30 different consoles and maybe about 2500+ games so watch a lot of youtube at times).  A TON of consoles is a understatement (or even arcade games for that matter)

If you watch more videos of his, he expanded his home for this collection. His collection side of the home is LARGER than the living space, a LOT larger.

Not sure my wife would let me do that one !

Edited by TheCoolDave, Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:43 AM.

#3 Cynicaster OFFLINE  

Cynicaster

River Patroller

• 2,471 posts

Posted Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:43 PM

Good Lord....

I wouldn't mind having a buddy with a setup like that, but maybe not, because seeing setups like that makes me feel kind of stressed out in a weird way.  All of that investment in "stuff" that largely just sits there and profoundly impacts the very household is just not compatible with how I'm wired, I guess.  

#4 negative1 ONLINE  

negative1

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 459 posts

Posted Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:11 PM

i think the fact they all enjoy it makes it worthwhile,

its not like its just the dad made it all for himself,
and only uses it.

later

#5 Keatah ONLINE  

Keatah

Missile Commander

• 21,479 posts

Posted Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:16 PM

Good Lord....

I wouldn't mind having a buddy with a setup like that, but maybe not, because seeing setups like that makes me feel kind of stressed out in a weird way.  All of that investment in "stuff" that largely just sits there and profoundly impacts the very household is just not compatible with how I'm wired, I guess.  

Not as weird as you might think. Most men have strong spatial mapping ability, from hunting skills from past evolution. And to have ALL these games like this ties that spatial map up in a knot real good. That part of the brain starts becoming too active, the map becomes full, and you become uneasy.

In the past, hunters would capture/acquire prey, consume most of it, and forget about the rest. Only occasionally keeping a trophy piece now and then. But this obsessive videogame collecting doesn't have any consumption or disposal activity. And your psyche becomes burdened. Overloaded. It stagnates and rots in your head just as much as it does on the shelf.

Smaller more concentrated collections are mapped entirely differently. Especially if you rely on a list & database to keep track of everything. The collection is confined to one small area and doesn't consume mental resources. Your collection is here. One spot, one room, one garage, one closet. One area. And a digital emulation collection even more so. It's all confined to one box. This leaves your brain free and clear with no burden. And that's a good thing.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users