Photo

Using TIPI socket interface in assembler (was: copying E/A 3 problem)

27 replies to this topic

#26 Stuart OFFLINE  

Stuart

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 793 posts

Posted Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:36 AM

I've got as far as copying and cleaning up a copy of the browser code ready to add in the TIPI stuff, but unfortunately 'life' is getting in the way of any further progress as the moment.

#27 BeeryMiller OFFLINE  

BeeryMiller

Dragonstomper

• 688 posts

Posted Wed Nov 7, 2018 12:33 PM

With all the different internet protocols out there, is there any particular protocol that uses more than two sockets for a connection?

Telnet uses one, and if I recall, FTP can establish two connections if you start getting files.  Is there anything else the TI/Geneve is likely to use that would use any additional sockets for communications?

When I started thinking about this, it dawned on me that that it is technically feasible a program could establish two telnet sessions so that one could be connected to two BBS's simultaneously.  I would hate to try and program ANSI for two, but ASCII mode for both would be easier.  Again, I see no reason to be connected to two BBS's at the same time so I am not inclined to do a proof of concept, but just wanted to mention it in passing.  Actually, the core pieces of GEME are already there so something like this could be done with "windowed" terminals in ASCII mode.

Anyways, my purpose for asking is to understand what may be needed to build a XOP library for the TIPI.

Beery

#28 mizapf OFFLINE  

mizapf

River Patroller

• 3,398 posts

Posted Wed Nov 7, 2018 1:04 PM

All FTP servers should support the PASV command, which routes data over the command connection, that is, it only requires a single connection.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users