IGNORED

Magic Sac+

I recently came into possession of a large Atari 800 lot with some really interesting stuff in it, that I can find almost nothing about.

One of the items, I already posted was Cardiac Arrest. This one, is called Magic Sac+. A search of AtariAge forums shows one post talking about it with an Ebay link back in 2010 for $199.99.

I'm curious if anyones interested or wants to help me try to put a value or buyer to it? Thanks!

post-39802-0-07715400-1537828290_thumb.jpg

Yep on ebay, the cheaper one was by itself and the other had docs and floppies.

Both already had ROMs installed...

Interesting! I checked active and sold listings for Magic Sac+ and found no hits. Thank you for the info, I appreciate it. I think then, the most valuable thing I got in the lot is a complete copy of Ultima 2. I can only find one sold listing for that and it was back in July for $350, missing disc 2. My copy is complete with both discs. Guess that's the winner in the lot! It was actually what personally drew me to it.

Interesting! I checked active and sold listings for Magic Sac+ and found no hits. Thank you for the info, I appreciate it. I think then, the most valuable thing I got in the lot is a complete copy of Ultima 2. I can only find one sold listing for that and it was back in July for $350, missing disc 2. My copy is complete with both discs. Guess that's the winner in the lot! It was actually what personally drew me to it.

Also on ebay, I got a deal on Ultima 2 for $20, was only missing the map...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Problem with Magic Sac+ is that the original designer left(long story) and created the Spectre 128 which was 1000% better. The Spectre 128 doesnt go for much more than $20 that Ive seen.

I don't have time to look, how much more does the Spectre GCR fetch? That's the desirable one!

• 2 weeks later...

I had so much fun with Spectre GCR. Made a website at one time dedicated to it's ingenuity...

http://www.oocities.org/clu-da-bard/

Here is what I found to be compatible:

http://www.oocities.org/clu-da-bard/spectrelist.html

Fun to play with. My recommendations are Creepy Castle, Spectre, and Rescue in the system 6 world if you get it going.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 6 months later...

Standard null modem cable i believe for MagicSac, i can't find any link to back it up but do remember reading about it long time ago as i was interested in this and how to transfer files from MAC, as i didn't have a mac (had friends who did at the time) i had to wait till i got Spectre GCR which you can just pop in MAC formatted disks.

11 minutes ago, JamesWD said:

Standard null modem cable i believe for MagicSac, i can't find any link to back it up but do remember reading about it long time ago as i was interested in this and how to transfer files from MAC, as i didn't have a mac (had friends who did at the time) i had to wait till i got Spectre GCR which you can just pop in MAC formatted disks.

Yeah, I think it's a fairly simple cable with about 7 wires (most ground) and using ZModem (or similar) on Mac.