IGNORED

My Atari 7800 might become famous!

Wyluli Wolf

I decided to sell of my Atari 7800 collection. I ultimately listed my console on eBay and it sold. To my surprise I received this along with the payment:

"I'd like to use this on the tv show Young Sheldon. Can you ship using my FEDEX account #---- Please ship Standard Overnight."

The buyer is in Burbank California.

So I guess if an Atari 7800 shows up on the TV show Young Sheldon it was mine! :D :grin:

Time will tell.....

• Like 23

I decided to sell of my Atari 7800 collection. I ultimately listed my console on eBay and it sold. To my surprise I received this along with the payment:

"I'd like to use this on the tv show Young Sheldon. Can you ship using my FEDEX account #---- Please ship Standard Overnight."

The buyer is in Burbank California.

So I guess if an Atari 7800 shows up on the TV show Young Sheldon it was mine! :D :grin:

Time will tell.....

I'd message him and ask when the episode will air.

• Like 1

Ok kids. I asked about when the episode might air and here is the reply:

"We would love for you and your friends to watch! This episode is scheduled to air on 11/8. Don't blink when watching or you will miss it..."

Best wishes

Pretty much means it will only be used as a background prop among other things. So it isn't likely to be powered up and in use. Too bad...

• Like 1

I would tell them no deal then.

Must be the focal point of the episode with the 7800 controlling minds and maybe even someone playing a game on it..

Like whats the point of having it in a background anyways. If not used to play games ever again may as well crushed it..

Must be a millennial thing...

Edited by Jinks
  • Like 2

I hope the other games and loot that went with this get resold (or someone takes it home and finds enjoyment of it) and don't go to waste. So much stuff gets purchased for a set, then tossed and thrown away afterwords, or sits in a closet for years.

Like if they needed a prop for a set, why pay top dollar for a complete collection? Do they not have game stores in California?

Never heard of this sitcom anyway...

Like if they needed a prop for a set, why pay top dollar for a complete collection? Do they not have game stores in California?

If there is more intended for it than just a prop, the character's (Sheldon) personality would lean to having a complete set in vg to excellent, if not meticulous condition. That may have been the draw to the auction, which may also mean more than a prop. It might receive a line or two recognition by the actor(s).

Hopefully, the system set will either be resold, giving to charity, or some other useful purpose after the episode. Who knows? Maybe it will have reoccurring appearances in the background after the episode.

If there is more intended for it than just a prop, the character's (Sheldon) personality would lean to having a complete set in vg to excellent, if not meticulous condition. That may have been the draw to the auction, which may also mean more than a prop. It might receive a line or two recognition by the actor(s).

Hopefully, the system set will either be resold, giving to charity, or some other useful purpose after the episode. Who knows? Maybe it will have reoccurring appearances in the background after the episode.

Semi related, but what game is spider man playing in your avatar pic?

• Like 1

Am I that old? What is Young Sheldon?

A spin off from the Big Bang Theory show that is centered on the youth of one of the original shows main characters but as a child.

I was also thinking that this might be a way that someone from the show was able to buy a 7800, use it for a prop and then take it home for themselves on the company dime.

• Like 1

I was also thinking that this might be a way that someone from the show was able to buy a 7800, use it for a prop and then take it home for themselves on the company dime.

if that is true more power to him. Any way to show some love for the 7800. I do know of a reason for a great looking collection. A scene in a store front showing the system and games on display.
  • Like 1

That is really cool! I was actually eyeing your 7800 when it was up for sale in the marketplace (the plastic still covering the chrome strip made it seriously tantalizing), I was just a bit short on cash at the time. Really neat that it might find a home on the set of a TV show!

I didn't see the auction but the way you describe it, it sounds like it was in great physical condition which makes perfect sense. This will be portrayed as being in fairly new condition since the show takes place in 89/90

• Like 1

• 1 month later...