IGNORED

My Atari 7800 might become famous!

Wyluli Wolf

So what's the premise with the girl receiving the 7800?

At the very start of the episode, you hear adult Sheldon (Jim Parsons) deliver a line with a montage of still images shown:

"Since the 1970's, home video games have been coveted by children around the world..."

post-18-0-20585300-1541863654.pngpost-18-0-42899700-1541864934.pngpost-18-0-72989100-1541863667.pngpost-18-0-39702400-1541863681.png

"...I was not one of those children."

post-18-0-32410900-1541863718.png

The console Sheldon receives, mimics the appearance of the NES, including a game imitating LOZ named, "Adeera":

post-18-0-70198100-1541864191.png

*EDIT... Full title is: "The Quest For Adeera".

• Like 3

Genesis, Atari 7800, NES, Turbo-Grafix...happy childhood...with the forsaken, "also-played" console, being a made-up knock-off. I'd say that was a win, compared to how the story could have played out (and we know, how it did, in reality). Didn't watch the show, so I know not how in actuality, it played there, but If it had played out in that way, the 7800 might have gotten a few seconds more screen-time, though. icon_razz.gif

• Like 1

At the very start of the episode, you hear adult Sheldon (Jim Parsons) deliver a line with a montage of still images shown:

"Since the 1970's, home video games have been coveted by children around the world..."

01_Genesis.PNG 02_7800.PNG 03_NES.PNG 04_TG16.PNG

"...I was not one of those children."

05_Bootleg.PNG

The console Sheldon receives, mimics the appearance of the NES, including a game imitating LOZ named, "Adeera":

06_Bootleg2.PNG

*EDIT... Full title is: "The Quest For Adeera".

Ha, cool. Thanks! Surprised they bid on eBay for a CIB 7800 when they could have simply gotten boxes! But I guess boxes don't pop up all the time.

• Like 2

At the very start of the episode, you hear adult Sheldon (Jim Parsons) deliver a line with a montage of still images shown.

Well, Treb, you did what I had NO time at ALL to do at the time, to get the confirmation out.

I went for getting the word out; you went for documenting history! Infinite Kudos! :D

Edited by JFD62780
  • Like 1

Do you mean why didn't the show buy just a box? Because then whoever works on the show who acquired it can't also "misplace" a working 7800 and games. At their house.

One can only hope cause this is a waste.

I have a box 7800 sitting in my furnace room. The console stays plugged in.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

So...

Tonight I was catching up a bit on my Big Bang Theory episodes on my DVR, and I leave a couple of extra minutes at the end in case something runs late...So I get about 2 minutes of Young Sheldon on there and ...Tonight, there it was!!!

I saw Wyluli Wolf's 7800! (Or formerly his 7800)...

SWEEEET!

Ha, cool. Thanks! Surprised they bid on eBay for a CIB 7800 when they could have simply gotten boxes! But I guess boxes don't pop up all the time.

The budget on those series are phenomenal. I'm sure they had a budget for that prop, but it could easily have been 1 000$. Or hell, even 10 000. As long as they can get the props they need before startign to record episodes; because not recording an episode is what cost them the most.

• Like 1