IGNORED

USB - CX40 Interface

CX40Hero

Hiya guys n Gals!

Im doubling up on my birthday treats to myself ?

I want a USB interface for my CX40 so I can use it with Stella, I think they used to sell them on the AtariAge store but they seem to be discontinued…

Are there any people would recommend from another source, ebay for example?

Likewise if anyone on here still sells them please drop me a PM (but don’t forget, im way over in the UK) :grin:

Thanks for any advice!

Raphael makes a wide range of USB adaptors for many systems. I have several of his, including but not limited to NES, SNES, Jaguar, Saturn, N64, and GC. He also makes some system to system adaptors as well.

But I've never used his DB9 one, as I had already bought the ultimate Intv adaptor from the same guy who makes the 2600-daptor (Hafner Enterprises).

https://www.raphnet-tech.com

Edited by nick3092

I'm using an adapter from .. https://www.retronicdesign.com/en/.

Using it on my Raspberry Pi/Retropie setup. No issues.

That's the one I use as well no issues with running on Windows with Stella; works flawlessly and may get a 2nd one to have it mapped with a Genesis controller (for MAME arcade games).

Spriggamortis, did you have to do anything special to get it working in RetroPie? Having some issues, it sees the HID USB interface but somehow the input doesn't mapped.

That's the one I use as well no issues with running on Windows with Stella; works flawlessly and may get a 2nd one to have it mapped with a Genesis controller (for MAME arcade games).

Spriggamortis, did you have to do anything special to get it working in RetroPie? Having some issues, it sees the HID USB interface but somehow the input doesn't mapped.

It's been a while, plus I'm @work currently. However from memory, it found the HID fine. With the CX40 plugged into the adapter, I went into the EmulationStation (ES) main menu via keyboard (or another controller if already mapped), then CONFIGURE INPUT. Then configured as normal. Not much to configure on a CX40 :thumbsup: Fire Button will only configure to "B" in this menu, but can be changed other ways.

post-52250-0-18896200-1538063231.png

• Like 2

To be clear, I didn't meant to imply that other devices won't work in Stella. I've tried many of them, and mostly everything 'just works'. But I have first-hand knowledge with 2600-daptor and Stelladaptor devices, having worked with the developers to include support in Stella. So I can say for 100% sure that they will work (barring any bugs of course, which should be reported).

• Like 2

It's been a while, plus I'm @work currently. However from memory, it found the HID fine. With the CX40 plugged into the adapter, I went into the EmulationStation (ES) main menu via keyboard (or another controller if already mapped), then CONFIGURE INPUT. Then configured as normal. Not much to configure on a CX40 :thumbsup: Fire Button will only configure to "B" in this menu, but can be changed other ways.

attachicon.gif cx40map.PNG

I've not used the Retronic adapter before, but I find it odd that it can only map the fire button to "B".

I've used the RetroPie's GPIO controller driver and UPCI (which is basically the same as the 2600-dapter) and I don't recall having trouble mapping the fire button to "A"

I've not used the Retronic adapter before, but I find it odd that it can only map the fire button to "B".

I've used the RetroPie's GPIO controller driver and UPCI (which is basically the same as the 2600-dapter) and I don't recall having trouble mapping the fire button to "A"

There's no problem remapping the button through the Retroarch UI, just for some reason wouldn't map to 'A' via the ES UI.

attachicon.gifcx40map.PNG

Thanks, I'll give it another whirl.