IGNORED

Midwest Gaming Classic 2019

Dauber

So earlier there was question as to whether MGC was going to be happening in 2019 at all, what with the sticker shock Dan and Gary got after having it at the new venue, and the fallout from the freak snowstorm that happened...well, it's happening!

It's Friday, April 12, through Sunday, April 14.

Pie Factory Podcast will be representin'. :) (At least, we applied for a table...haven't heard back yet.)

I already booked my hotel and got that Monday off approved by my boss. :) (A lot easier for me to just spend the night in Milwaukee, then drive back home the next day.)

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Done booked the hotel room and I hope to buy the full weekend passes shortly!

Anybody want to buy my slightly beat-up but still fully working Tandy 1000 TL/2? I can bring it to the show if any of you guys are interested. I put Rogue on the hard drive!

Wife and I were wanting to go to this finally this year, but the airline ticket prices are making this a no go for this year. Crazy how much more expensive it is per person to fly North than it is to Portland.

Check out flights to Chicago. Renting a car from there might even be cheaper, even though it's 90 miles away. Or there is the option of Amtrak from Chicago to Milwaukee.

Flights to Milwaukee can be stupidly priced depending on where you come from.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Check out flights to Chicago. Renting a car from there might even be cheaper, even tho

Check out flights to Chicago. Renting a car from there might even be cheaper, even though it's 90 miles away. Or there is the option of Amtrak from Chicago to Milwaukee.

ugh it's 90 miles away. Or there is the option of Amtrak from Chicago to Milwaukee.

in the past I used to take Megabus from chicago Union station to Milwaukke amtrak station on paul street and the show is only few miles away from the station.

saddly I'm going have to miss another year, I was thinking taking megabus like the old days since the venue is close to amtrak station,but I was figuring I would like to get back on co-hosting jagfest there at the show(or at least have a booth for AVC Online), taking megabus would put a damper on that due to limited stuff I can bring and schedules are not great.

Maybe 2020 I'll make my long waited return to MGC.

hopefully clint will tun jagfest at mgc again this year.

LOL...yeah we aren't really up for renting a car and driving 90s miles in a part of the world neither of us have ever been too! Heck we used Uber everywhere within portland for PRGE just last year. Although honestly the main issue I have with renting a car is that the last time I did that, it ended up with a lot of money because the damn car was in the middle of a golf ball sized hail storm in TX during the Pinball Festival and I couldn't do anything about it since the hotel we were staying out didn't have underground parking. yeah..that sucked. It was a brand new Camry with less than 3k miles on it when we got it. Looked like tiny people had taken a hammer to the outside of it when I had to turn it back in.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be going this year. Live in downtown Chi-town and will take the Amtrak train then walk a few blocks to the show and my hotel

have you thought about taking megabus instead, if you booked early enough it would only cost you close to 4.00.

as I mentioned I was thinking about this year but I would like to do something(jagfest section or booth for AVC Online) megabus wouldn't be good for me.

if I was planning just to attend it would be good for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Is anybody doing any kind of jag fest this year. With some of the new stuff out and st ports this would be a good time to do it.

chances are nobody is doing jagfest at mgc. I can't make it, clint told me he prob won't make it either(for my reason see my post ,it comes down to transportation mostly wouldn't be worth it if I come via megabus because can't bring a lot of stuff,maybe in 2020 I'll be back)

That sucks dan if u can come and not bring anything i could.bring 2 jags tvs. Yes the batman tv. 1 cd and some games. I just cant be there to watch it. I also have some st ports that should be here by then. If intreasted i.can bring some stuff if someone can babysit.

That sucks dan if u can come and not bring anything i could.bring 2 jags tvs. Yes the batman tv. 1 cd and some games. I just cant be there to watch it. I also have some st ports that should be here by then. If intreasted i.can bring some stuff if someone can babysit.

if I was going as attendee then megabus would been my choice,but not have section because of limitations and schedules( most likely if I did go it would be just the jag base and few games and no tv.plus also need somebody to watch the stuff) the plan was for me to come either do jagfest or booth for avc online(which promotes all three factors of the club, Jagfest,VGS and AVC Online) tried to get friend to go but hes busy again. last year clint did jagfest john hardie of NVGM, maybe if you contact john he might do it again.

next year, if I do come I should have few goodies made I've been behind on stuff as Jagfest goes(I don't even do it at VGS anymore in favor of harmony games)

• 4 weeks later...