IGNORED

BomberCats: a new Lynx game coming Fall 2018!

LordKraken

Hello guys!

I'm really pleased to announce today the forthcoming release of a new Lynx game called BomberCats!

The simplest way to present the game is to see it as an hommage to the legendary Bomberman (especially the SNES version). With cats!!!

And then to look at the following pictures :)

1.png2.png3.png

4.png5.png6.png

7.png8.png9.png

Here is a small FAQ:

Is it identical to the SNES version?

Almost! A few bonuses are missing, like for instance the skull/malus and the one to push bombs around. But you get 2 different view mode: zoomed and unzoomed.

How long have you been working on the game?

I started in... 2010. I programmed the game engine first and then the controls trying to get an accurate SNES feeling. I paused the development for a few years (five actually) and I resumed it last year while I was in parental leave for a couple of months, programming in between baby naps (I live in Sweden, and parental leave is one of the benefit every dad gets here!).

Who developed the game?

Code, art and sounds are from me, the great music is from Turbo Laser Lynx.

I got a lot of help from this forum and the french Yaronet forum. Special thanks to Fadest, Karri and Sage.

Is the game ready to ship?

The game is basically done but I need to improve AI, add a stage or 2 and finalize digital sounds. It will be release before Christmas +- the delay to produce a physical cartridge.

Can the game be played in multiplayers?

No comlynx version planned. Sorry.

Is there a solo adventure?

No. This version of BomberCats consists of the battle mode only. I'm still thinking of adding an arcade mode.

How can I get the game?

I would love to release the game as a physical cartridge with a proper box and manual. As the game is strongly influenced by Bomberman, it could be a bit dangerous from a legal side though. I still need to investigate and see who is interested... In any case the game will also be available as a rom download for a symbolic price. All benefits will be given to charity and the process will be completely transparent.

• Like 25

How can I get the game?
I would love to release the game as a physical cartridge with a proper box and manual. As the game is strongly influenced by Bomberman, it could be a bit dangerous from a legal side though. I still need to investigate and see who is interested... In any case the game will also be available as a rom download for a symbolic price. All benefits will be given to charity and the process will be completely transparent.

I can only give this huge thumbs up !!!!