Photo

How do we assign the extra w/r SC RAM?

5 replies to this topic

#1 ultima OFFLINE  

ultima

Chopper Commander

• 197 posts

Posted Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:12 PM

I have been experimenting with SC RAM and can't for the life of me figure out how to assign and change values 

I tried this first I tried to assign w with  "w127=1 " then check it later with "if r127=1 then goto __ModdedHKVP70" for a comparison and that came up short.

Am I missing something?

#2 Gemintronic OFFLINE  

Gemintronic

Jason S. - Lead Developer & CEO

• 9,244 posts

Posted Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:11 AM

I have been experimenting with SC RAM and can't for the life of me figure out how to assign and change values 

I tried this first I tried to assign w with  "w127=1 " then check it later with "if r127=1 then goto __ModdedHKVP70" for a comparison and that came up short.

Am I missing something?

No idea without seeing your actual code.  But, re-reading Random Terrains reference I'd play it safe by loading SuperChip variables into normal variables THEN doing any math.  Maybe overkill but.. yeah.

http://www.randomter...ml#superchipram

#3 Random Terrain OFFLINE  

Random Terrain

Visual batari Basic User

• 28,796 posts
  • Controlled Randomness
    Replay Value
    Nonlinear

Posted Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:44 PM

Am I missing something?

You'd have a hard time with 127 because that's always used by the playfield if I read the bB page correctly. Look at the charts to see what special variables are available depending on what number you use with pfres:

randomterrain.com/atari-2600-memories-batari-basic-commands.html#superchip_charts

pfres

#4 ultima OFFLINE  

ultima

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 197 posts

Posted Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:11 PM

I thought when I read the page that 127 would be the one to start with I'll try w001 and see if changing it to the other end works as soon as I get home. Will post an update later thanks guys.

#5 Random Terrain OFFLINE  

Random Terrain

Visual batari Basic User

• 28,796 posts
  • Controlled Randomness
    Replay Value
    Nonlinear

Posted Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:18 PM

Yeah, it seems to go backwards.

#6 ultima OFFLINE  

ultima

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 197 posts

Posted Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:30 AM

Yeah, it seems to go backwards.

w000 worked after re-reading about it a pfres 24 playfield allows 000-031 Thanks RT. I also found you can clear SC variables with

asm 

LDA #0
  STA W000 ; add SC variable here
end

**I just realized that stella shows the ram you can use :)
SC RAM.png

Edited by ultima, Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:07 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users