IGNORED

Best not selling new 5200 Motherboards anymore?

Shawn

http://www.best-electronics-ca.com/cx52_j.htm#CX52

CA021374 Atari 5200 2 Port fully populated US NTSC Motherboard (less RF shields) $45.00

They are listed near the bottom of the page.

Thanks. Looks like the price has gone up a little since I last bought one. Understandable increase for sure. I ended up getting lucky with a cheap BIN on ebay for loose console.

• Like 1

Why not just fix the mobo that’s in there? I’m sure it can be brought back.

It's been fixed many times before. It's killed 2 pokey chips now and I'm not investing in replacing it

with another one again nor do I want to spend the time replacing other lesser population like caps,ect for this old ailing

board. For $40 shipped I was able to get a console only 5200 on ebay in working order which suits me just fine. I know when it's time to call it a day.

I've stripped the rest of the motherboard for everything else worth while so I'm gonna do ok on it. The old boards population will not go to waste.

$45-60 is a pretty good deal when you consider the POKEY chip is worth twenty bucks by itself...

Agreed. I think the price going from $25 to $45 over the last while might be due to the pokey cost. At least that justifies the increase even if it's not for that reason.

Edited by Shawn