IGNORED

Upcoming 3200

Zonie

I don't know. I don't care and/or pay attention to Genesis stuff. I assumed there's probably something out there by now that does it, but again...I don't know/care. That's why I deliberately made the statement flexible (..."NES, SNES, and Genesis, some of them even HDMI-equipped"). :P

Is there really no HDMI Genesis clone though? Surprising.

Well there is this (emulation dumper = poor compatibility with carts)

https://hyperkin.com/Retron5/

And this (cone chip with upscaler = blurry graphics)

https://www.gamerztek.com/product-p/mghd_1.htm

Both are better than the Atgames garbage, but pale in comparison to devices like AVS and Super NT.

• Like 1

Well there is this (emulation dumper = poor compatibility with carts)

https://hyperkin.com/Retron5/

And this (cone chip with upscaler = blurry graphics)

https://www.gamerztek.com/product-p/mghd_1.htm

Both are better than the Atgames garbage, but pale in comparison to devices like AVS and Super NT.

...and this:

post-29074-0-24122800-1538539841_thumb.png

• Like 1

They aren't bad by any means. I have the Super Retro Trio which had superb a/v output on Genesis and SNES, with minor audio artifacts on NES. People have said positive things about the Gamerz Tech Genesis.

I might buy one of those but currently holding out for the next Analogue announcement. If it's not Sega related, I'll just buy the Gamerz Tech unit. Assuming compatibility is high like with my Super Retro Trio, SMS and flash carts may work on it.

Telltale sign is if it has a/v outs with the hdmi, it's got an upscalar somewhere. If not, it's probably an emulator box. I am done fooling with emulator boxes that take carts. The Mini consoles like the NES, SNES are pretty good though. I'm looking forward to the new Sega Mini (developed in house not put out by ShatGames).

I have the Super Retro Trio which had superb a/v output on Genesis and SNES, with minor audio artifacts on NES.

Interesting, are you referring to the Super Retro Trio (old model) with S-Video output? I have read conflicting opinions about it. Have you tried it in Genesis mode with S-Video output?

post-29074-0-34848500-1538590669.png

Wonder if this will take > 8 years to come out? Also, I'd really like the XM to be the focus, since that's where my current investment is. Maybe after that, then this. Also - what about the 2 Atari books waiting on the XM? Are they going to be pushed back another decade?

• Like 2

Interesting, are you referring to the Super Retro Trio (old model) with S-Video output? I have read conflicting opinions about it. Have you tried it in Genesis mode with S-Video output?

attachicon.gifSuper Retro Trio99 old model with S-Video output.PNG

Yes I have. Have you tried using a proper shielded s-video cable, not the janky one included in the box? Genesis and SNES look and sound great on it. Unfortunately NES is a grayscale noisy mess with it. Also sadly my only tv that supported s-video was the old Sanyo 720p panel we no longer use anymore...

Edited by Kosmic Stardust
  • Like 2

Yes I have. Have you tried using a proper shielded s-video cable, not the janky one included in the box? Genesis and SNES look and sound great on it. Unfortunately NES is a grayscale noisy mess with it. Also sadly my only tv that supported xvideo was the old Sanyo 720p panel we no longer use anymore...

Freudien slip? :P

• Like 2

The idea is essentially just a straight-up 7800 clone but with HDMI and a different case. No other frills whatsoever (except the combination joystick/paddle controllers).

I guess now Curt is saying (in a reply to a comment...) that the 3600 will have some XM functionality but not all. It'll have extra RAM, POKEY, and HSC, but no SIO or keyboard ports or Yamaha sound processor.

His earlier posts indicated it was basically just an HDMI 7800.