6 replies to this topic

#1 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

HexaCoreRunner

• 12,805 posts

Posted Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:56 AM

Here's one you'll probably never see...

A "truly portable" TI!

Imagine if you will, a TI console devoid of all external connections.

AUDIO & VIDEO

Inside would house an F18A MKII hooked to a wireless HDMI transmitter.

POWER

The bottom of the case would be replaced with a 3D printed replacement giving it an extra inch or so of space... for a grouping of flat lithium batteries.

For the gamer types, a modified TI like that with a FinalGROM and a 32K sidecar would be the bomb.

#2 atrax27407 OFFLINE  

atrax27407

Stargunner

• 1,064 posts

Posted Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:25 AM

See MICROpendium 3/1, 7/1, and 8/1/89. A similar project has already been done.

#3 Ksarul OFFLINE  

Ksarul

River Patroller

• 4,780 posts

Posted Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:40 AM

I've seen that original modified TI demonstrated at a MANNERS meeting back in 1989-1990 or so. . .

#4 Airshack OFFLINE  

Airshack

Dragonstomper

• 802 posts

Posted Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:31 PM

This may be better in a completely new form factor with laptop style LCD display connected. Add a fully loaded FinalGROM plugged in and a Shift838 remote control panel installed you wouldn’t need access to the cartridge port. 32k sidecar included and F18A with USB port for keyboard.

We could use something like this at the VAST meetings. Totally do-able with available parts.

Get on it Omega!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#5 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

HexaCoreRunner

• Topic Starter
  • 12,805 posts

Posted Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:26 PM

Get on it Omega!

Too many irons in the fire at the moment.  You first! 

#6 twoodland ONLINE  

twoodland

Space Invader

• 40 posts

Posted Mon Oct 8, 2018 6:54 PM

Greetings Professor Falken...

Recently, I have been enjoying my quest for the best ANSI terminal configuration.  I would like to see an updated terminal emulator cartridge that includes an updated terminal emulator program that supports 40,80 column (native & F18A), ASCII & ANSI terminal emulation, Baud rates from 300 to 256000 bits per second, the TEII Speech GROM capability, and finally the ability to tap into the speech from the terminal program.  I would like to see TI BBS's that are speech capable (like in the movie "War Games").  Not just reading text copied to a clipboard but an actual speech command that could be sent from the BBS which would contain the phonetic spelling of what is being displayed on the screen.  I think this would set apart the TI from all other vintage computers giving another reason to continue to enjoy this hobby and community.  Hopefully it would support configurations of just a sole stock console, to a TIPI configuration and other popular configurations in between. 

Edited by twoodland, Mon Oct 8, 2018 7:25 PM.

#7 Airshack OFFLINE  

Airshack

Dragonstomper

• 802 posts

Posted Today, 12:08 AM

I wrote a Wargames-style title Back in 1980 called “NukeWar” I believe. I’m still trying to find a copy online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users