Photo

Ricochet

3 replies to this topic

#1 KevKelley OFFLINE  

KevKelley

Space Invader

• 29 posts
  • Lots of hobbies, little time, loads of fun.

Posted Tue Oct 2, 2018 3:49 PM

I have been studying bb and reading these forums for my game that I am working on. I kind of have 2 - a standard kernel and a multisprite kernel game for the purpose of practicing and learning code.

I haven't been able to find a thread or example of source code for a sprite/missile/ball ricochet but I am trying to have a sprite basically move one direction depending on the playfield and then when it meets a wall, ricochet in an opposite direction.

I am trying to wrap my brain around this. I feel this is easier than I am making it out to be...

#2 Random Terrain OFFLINE  

Random Terrain

Visual batari Basic User

• 28,779 posts
  • Controlled Randomness
    Replay Value
    Nonlinear

Posted Tue Oct 2, 2018 4:40 PM

Similar to this?

randomterrain.com/atari-2600-memories-batari-basic-commands.html#sprite_ball_miss_coll_example

#3 KevKelley OFFLINE  

KevKelley

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 29 posts

Posted Tue Oct 2, 2018 4:56 PM

I just read that and by the description I couldn't quite determine if that is exactly what I was thinking of but I was gonna check it out when I get home.

#4 KevKelley OFFLINE  

KevKelley

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 29 posts

Posted Tue Oct 2, 2018 10:22 PM

Yes.  This looks like it is what I was thinking.  I will have to do some reading on bits and work to understand the code a little bit better.  I know what I have been programming is probably very simplistic but I am going to try and integrate something like this in my game.  This will be a good exercise.  Thanks!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users