IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Jaguar

RSS Bot

Every time I hear the word Jaguar I think of the Atari Jaguar. This lady on Jeopardy! said she was in a cage and there was a jaguar that pawed at her face. Even though she was talking about an actual jaguar, I still couldn't help but think of the Atari Jaguar. I had to uncapitalize "jaguar" while typing that last sentence.

Anyway, I went and worked on the Jaguar again. I was having quite the time with the UFOs. It just so happened that even if you put in a 24 bit image with 5 colors in it, it still shows up with a black border surrounding it. I was having angry times with the aardvark trying to make the black border go away. Even though the aardvark is an 8 bit image, it still suffers from the same problem. So then I had an idea.

Instead of making the test UFO be a 24 bit image with 5 colors, I'll make it a 4 bit image with 5 colors. A few tries later and the black border surrounding the UFO was gone. While that's all and good, it still presents a difficult time trying to create a convincing UFO using only 16 colors. I mean, you can tell I drew this:

Attached thumbnail(s)
  • blogentry-9475-0-76448400-1538628545.png

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/168/entry-15111-jaguar/