32 replies to this topic

#26 DeathAdderSF OFFLINE  

DeathAdderSF

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 403 posts
  • Lynx me, baby!

Posted Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:12 AM

Today I've added blister pack insert scans for 2-in-1 Hash Block / Eagle Plan, Alien, and Dream World. The game instructions archive has also been added to: Especially take note of the Italian version of the Honey Bee instructions, which feature hand-written corrections that were simply xeroxed into the finished product! Amazing!! Finally, the ridiculous “Supervision ninja” makes his second appearance, courtesy Watary Italia's fabulous stickers.

www.diskman.com/presents/supervision

svninja.jpg

^ - You just can't make this stuff up. :o

Edited by DeathAdderSF, Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:13 AM.

• jhd likes this

#27 high voltage ONLINE  

high voltage

Quadrunner

• 6,762 posts

Posted Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:27 AM

I used to have two games, but never found myself buying a Supervision.

#28 DeathAdderSF OFFLINE  

DeathAdderSF

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 403 posts
  • Lynx me, baby!

Posted Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:55 PM

some of the games still to me give off that vibe of being just so bad it could be good situation

Hm... well, maybe. There are a handful of Supervision games that are passably okay, namely...

Block Buster

Crystball

Hero Hawk

John Adventure

Kung-Fu Street

Police Bust

Sssnake

...but passably okay does not a justifiable purchase make. Besides, they're all poor man's rip-offs of better games. Just get an original b&w Game Boy and have instant access to hundreds of great games. Remember, folks: I'm a Supervision collector out of sheer curiosity and in the best interest of preservation. I get "done" w/all this, everything's going up for sale. :waving:

BTW: Some folks'll tell you that the game Chimera is a good purchase. Well, if you like games that can't be beaten due to being unfinished then yes, it's actually a decent enough conversion. But for whatever reason, either the programming was never finished, or an unfinished version was accidentally slapped on the cartridges.

Edited by DeathAdderSF, Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:59 PM.

#29 Tanooki OFFLINE  

Tanooki

Quadrunner

• 5,745 posts

Posted Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:17 AM

Oh I know there are interestingly alright stuff due to being knockoffs.  It's just more the passing value of something so bad it's good that's all.  I've had a Gameboy in some form or another since 1989 and have plenty of them right now (every make including Light) with almost 70 carts between the GB and GBC plus an everdrive so I'm good. :P

#30 DeathAdderSF OFFLINE  

DeathAdderSF

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 403 posts
  • Lynx me, baby!

Posted Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:49 AM

How did I forget Super Kong? Super Kong is OK too.

I've had a Gameboy in some form or another since 1989 (including Light)

The GB Light is pretty cool, isn't it? I picked one up at the Classic Gaming Expo, like, 500 years ago, for $10. Really tragic that was never marketed here in the States. The Game Boy absolutely killed my eyes, when I was a teenager. The Supervision, on the other hand, that just kills my fun. :P

#31 Tanooki OFFLINE  

Tanooki

Quadrunner

• 5,745 posts

Posted Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:09 PM

Well you got me beat on price, still I got lucky earlier this year finally getting one.  Earlier this year, stupid luck of timing and price I was able to buy one off an American on facebook for like $80 and other than a few very tiny spots, not so much even scratches on the back battery plate it's a spotless silver one.  I usually keep it in this black leather Nintendo embroydered pouch case I have, though I actually do like to use it.  The screen on it was surprisingly clear and nice like the Pocket, but the nice soft green glow in the dark option it has works very well in low and no light situations.  I understand why it never came out here, it wasn't being poor or too expensive, but the regional delay off Japan would have had it within months of the GBC which would have killed it.  It's fantastic.  I treat it with kid gloves, but it would be criminal not using it letting it rot.

#32 TheCoolDave OFFLINE  

TheCoolDave

Chopper Commander

• 214 posts

Posted Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:53 PM

Nice to know... I've never seen one in person. I thought I knew of all the little odd ball systems...I guess not. !

#33 DeathAdderSF OFFLINE  

DeathAdderSF

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 403 posts
  • Lynx me, baby!

Posted Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:08 AM

Today's tantalizing website update...

I finally picked up a sort-of-like-new, boxed Magnum Supervision. I've been wanting one of those for a while, don'cha know. I've added scans of the box and instructions now, just for you. I also managed to get the kinda elusive Sonny X'Press complete in blister pack. So in case any of you were “going ape” over the insert & instructions not being available on the website, they're here now.

What else, what else... OH! There's a scan of a Sonny sticker! Yep. It was adhered to the Sonny X'Press blister package, but I carefully removed it. No more monkey business with this last update: a rather uninteresting Hartung Supervision sticker. That's it for today.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: supervision, handheld, game, system, watara, terrible, nightmare

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users