IGNORED

AtGames Blast! Family Fun Products - Official Thread and Feature Requests

Bill Loguidice

(Video courtesy of YouTube user Spawn Wave, in case that wasn't clear before)

Guys. Guys. You sent a Namco arcade dongle with arcade games to reviewers, then you switched the arcade games with NES games when the product was mass produced? Then you can't seem to make up your mind as to whether you'll make a second production run with actual arcade games, or if NES games is all anyone will ever get? That's not even name-calling... that is the actual situation. I've watched the videos, I've done the research, I've seen the private messages from an AtGames representative. This is why nobody trusts this company. Frankly, I think AtGames product reps have been too warmly received at AtariAge, given the quality of products this company has given customers.

Edited by Jess Ragan
  • Like 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8lkTDi2ORA

Guys. Guys. You sent a Namco arcade dongle with arcade games to reviewers, then you switched the arcade games with NES games when the product was mass produced? Then you can't seem to make up your mind as to whether you'll make a second production run with actual arcade games, or if NES games is all anyone will ever get? That's not even name-calling... that is the actual situation. I've watched the videos, I've done the research, I've seen the private messages from an AtGames representative. This is why nobody trusts this company. Frankly, I think AtGames product reps have been too warmly received at AtariAge, given the quality of products this company has given customers.

I didn't watch the video, but glad you got to make one too. The arcade version will eventually follow, but there's no date yet. Sorry for the personal inconvenience.

I didn't make that video, that's not me. But Spawn Wave (the guy in the video), Rich from GameTechUSA, and MadLittlePixel all came to the same conclusion about it. You guys need to come clean with your products, because what you're doing could be perceived as deceptive.

It doesn't really matter what conclusion anyone came up with. We stated what happened. They can choose not to believe it.

Well, what should we believe? That an "arcade version will eventually follow," as you're telling us, or "everything is home versions," as AtGames told James Herman?

Yes, in the stores, they're all home versions for now. There will be an announcement when that eventually changes. Not that complicated.

Yes, in the stores, they're all home versions for now. There will be an announcement when that eventually changes. Not that complicated.

Is there a reason why it was decided to ship the NES version first and the arcade version later, if indeed that's how it happened, and will there be any way to tell which version you're getting? I saw these at my local Wal-Mart this weekend, and the screenshots on the box made it look as if it already had the arcade versions.
  • Like 1

Well from that 2nd video Jess linked we learnt of the Arcade Flashback Gold with Capcom Games ... is it true?

post-36731-0-16807200-1540270936.png

I can't make up the imgur address to go direct to that page.

EDIT: nevermind found it

https://imgur.com/gallery/dLGW8Cy

Zveg9V3.jpg

Is that even AtGames ......

EDIT2: oh yes it is you can read AtGames on the image of the base of the joystick on the box under Capcom.

Wonder if it is just a different form factor of the Legend Flashback, there were quite some Capcom games there including Street Fighter II a first at that.

EDIT3: I swear I saw something similar before, as form factor I mean.

EDIT4: bingo AtGAmes ca. 2010

post-36731-0-14438100-1540271458_thumb.png

I don't recall hearing many complaints about the joystick or buttons so maybe it's good this time around (that unit had the dreaded Genesis "firecore").

• Like 1

Is there a reason why it was decided to ship the NES version first and the arcade version later, if indeed that's how it happened, and will there be any way to tell which version you're getting? I saw these at my local Wal-Mart this weekend, and the screenshots on the box made it look as if it already had the arcade versions.

I think all of these questions have been addressed previously. A hardware upgrade is needed for the arcade versions and Bill said a delay occurred in production. With regard to being able to tell, Bill has said an announcement will be made when the transition occurs. Everything out there now is the NES version.

I'm not sure why people cannot move on from this. Most people buying these honestly don't care. It's mainly us folks on here that care (including myself). I'm just waiting until Bill says the updated units are available to make a purchase. If I had already purchased one, I would return it or contact AtGames as Bill has suggested. It really doesn't seem like much of a scam to me.

Edited by bmadgames

I don't wanna pile on and it's not that but I have a real question about the hardware issue regarding a delay or difficulty in producing the arcade version - what did John Hancock review? A prototype? It was all packaged nicely in a retail box just the way the average consumer would receive it. If it is a final retail product then to me, its done. They've done it. What is the hardware upgrade that needs to be done? Just mass produce what you sent John Hancock. If it was a prototype, why wasn't that communicated to John when he got the unit?

So it boils down if it was a prototype, that should have been made known. If it's a finished retail product, what's the "hardware issue" since they've already made a finished arcade version.

• Like 1

I don't wanna pile on and it's not that but I have a real question about the hardware issue regarding a delay or difficulty in producing the arcade version - what did John Hancock review? A prototype? It was all packaged nicely in a retail box just the way the average consumer would receive it. If it is a final retail product then to me, its done. They've done it. What is the hardware upgrade that needs to be done? Just mass produce what you sent John Hancock. If it was a prototype, why wasn't that communicated to John when he got the unit?

So it boils down if it was a prototype, that should have been made known. If it's a finished retail product, what's the "hardware issue" since they've already made a finished arcade version.

A small run was made. It was a finished product. When it switched to mass production, an issue cropped up that is still being worked on. It's different internal hardware than the NES version, which is why that version has no issues.

The Capcom joystick shown above looks interesting. Is that something that was made specifically for them, or could we possibly see larger compilations from other developers put into this arcade stick? Living in a small apartment, while an arcade machine would be nice, something like this would be a lot more reasonable.

If that Capcom arcade is using arcade ROMs (more or less where applies) and it has pretty close if not right on accurate emulation of the games plus uses HDMI that could be a lot of fun. Looking at the art all over the base of the control panel overlay there you can figure out quite a few things that could be running that adds up to some fun there.

• Like 1

If that Capcom arcade is using arcade ROMs (more or less where applies) and it has pretty close if not right on accurate emulation of the games plus uses HDMI that could be a lot of fun. Looking at the art all over the base of the control panel overlay there you can figure out quite a few things that could be running that adds up to some fun there.

I was just thinking, AtGames has a working relationship with Capcom, Data East, Atari, Namco and Taito. There are quite a few arcade ports that would be really nice to have in a device like this. Having these compilations on the PS1-current gen consoles are nice, but in terms of convenience factor (and a hopeful HDMI upgrade), if done properly, it would be really slick!

• Like 1

Why is he dis-recommending all other Blasts?

I thought he said they were OK, I understand he's mad but are there real problems with the rest of the Blast series (the 2600 ones)?

EDIT: but I agree the NES Namco unit plays pretty poorly. At a point I wanted it just because (thinking it would do a decent job for NES roms) ... now that also is not an option, even at 20US$.

• Like 1

Why is he dis-recommending all other Blasts?

I thought he said they were OK, I understand he's mad but are there real problems with the rest of the Blast series (the 2600 ones)?

Sounds like he's angry about the production issue and is not recommending any AtGames products. Fair enough. He got crap too along with AtGames over the issue, so I can understand him being overly upset and entering reputation protection mode. Segments of the retro gaming crowd are nothing if not quick to rage and persistent with attacks.

• Like 1

We've learned from this video that it's impossible to remove the smile from John Hancock's face. "I'm telling you, I'm REALLY mad at AtGames right now." ^_______^

Well when you have a bunch of mind numbed youtube sheep hanging on your every word as gospel, and an outside entity you feel made you look bad, you have to kind of walk a line because who wouldn't be smiling if they basically got free crap daily just for pushing the stuff on a freebie video channel online. Think of the monetary amounts behind the advertising, free stuff, and other odds and ends because you'd be smiling too.