IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Windows Media Player is stupid

RSS Bot

So I finished the second song (MIDI) on my album and converted it to an MP3. But when I went to add it into Windows Media Player, it said it was 27:05. I was like "What?" All the other Windows programs that play music said it was around 27 minutes as well. So I went and started up Nero. It said a more sane time: 26:25. Which is what the MIDI program I programmed the music in said it was.

Why is Windows Media Player then saying it's 27:05 when it's actually 26:25? I've had discrepencies in music length with WMP before, so it's not like this is a fairly new thing, but 40 seconds' difference seems like a long time to be off by.

And with song #2 done, all I have to do is begin and make a third song. Song #2 is called "Music To Clip Your Toenails By". But if it takes you 26 minutes to clip your toenails, there's something wrong there. I don't know, I just thought to myself "There's no music to play when you clip your toenails. There's music to play at Christmas time, but none at toenail clipping time." So I rectified that situation.

Song #3 will be called "Lemons in August." I hoped to have this done by November, but I kept on not working on it, so I pushed it back to December. And since I work on like about a minute per day, that seems like mid-November is about right, Unless I don't work on it every day.

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/168/entry-15124-windows-media-player-is-stupid/