Photo

10 Year Anniversary Xbox 360 Console! RARE!

18 replies to this topic

#1 Mrbomb OFFLINE  

Mrbomb

Combat Commando

• 9 posts

Posted Tue Oct 9, 2018 3:42 PM

To start this off I have a 10 year anniversary Xbox 360 console. This console was only HANDED OUT (not able to buy) from Microsoft to a select few of Xbox LIVE subscribers in 2012 wh Which marks 10 years of Xbox LIVE. Only handed out in the U.S.! If you want more info do your research on it. I have just recently decided to sell and thought I would go to a collector forum, just signed up so not sure on how this site exactly works. This is one of the rarest items from Microsoft.

Price: $10k or best offer. Dont be afraid to offer!

https://imgur.com/a/FJeF6mY

Edited by Mrbomb, Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:41 PM.

#2 coleco_master OFFLINE  

coleco_master

Dragonstomper

• 657 posts

Posted Tue Oct 9, 2018 5:28 PM

PM sent

#3 HoshiChiri OFFLINE  

HoshiChiri

Stargunner

• 1,239 posts

Posted Tue Oct 9, 2018 6:09 PM

Ok, Mr. Bomb- while we're a bit looser over here than VGCollect for joining a forum solely to sell an item, some tips to actually get interest going:

1- PHOTOS. Anyone can say they have a rare item- why, I just happen to have a copy of Keio Flying Squadron for sale! Send me offers! Actually, don't- I'm lying. And photos are the best way to prove you aren't too. 

2- Provenance. Just how did you come across such a rare system? Are you the original owner? Did you buy it from someone else? People like history with things like this, especially if it's verifiable- for example, if you're the original owner, what's your Xbox live username?

3- Accountability. So, just who are you, anyway? Why should we believe you'd ship such an item carefully enough? Anything that can prove you're trustworthy for online deals is great- an Ebay account in good standing, for example.

Basically, if you really want to get people salivating over your rare goodie, give them assurance that it's a real, legitimate offer. Publicly- a lot of deep pocketed people don't have the time to even DM you if you don't present something to suggest it's worth their time. Copy-pasting your opening post from your locked thread on another forum isn't the best way to go.

#4 Mrbomb OFFLINE  

Mrbomb

Combat Commando

• Topic Starter
  • 9 posts

Posted Tue Oct 9, 2018 7:16 PM

Okay thanks for the tips. I will add pictures soon here. I do have an eBay account that will prove my trustworthy. Honestly I am benfietint the users at forums posting this because Im sure this hasnt been on here before and it is probbaly the last chance youll have to get one of these. I can not see this selling if I just post it on eBay as no one is looking this up every day.

#5 Mulletino OFFLINE  

Mulletino

Moonsweeper

• 257 posts

Posted Tue Oct 9, 2018 7:43 PM

Might want to change it to "**L@@K R@R3!!*** too, that seems to be the way the rarest items are displayed.

#6 Mrbomb OFFLINE  

Mrbomb

Combat Commando

• Topic Starter
  • 9 posts

Posted Tue Oct 9, 2018 9:20 PM

I personally think it looks weird lol

#7 ianoid OFFLINE  

ianoid

River Patroller

• 2,943 posts

Posted Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:51 AM

Interested, but no idea about the price and more pictures. 

#8 Mrbomb OFFLINE  

Mrbomb

Combat Commando

• Topic Starter
  • 9 posts

Posted Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:23 PM

Will add more pictures soon. Will get back to you guys on price

#9 Mrbomb OFFLINE  

Mrbomb

Combat Commando

• Topic Starter
  • 9 posts

Posted Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:41 PM

I have decided to go with $10k or best offer. I have seen them sell for $3k six years ago, so Im basing it off that.

#10 HoshiChiri OFFLINE  

HoshiChiri

Stargunner

• 1,239 posts

Posted Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:54 PM

I have decided to go with $10k or best offer. I have seen them sell for $3k six years ago, so Im basing it off that.

Ok... don't have too much hope for getting close to that 10k. That's top dollar, full-scale holy grail level pricing. Red Sea Crossing, Nintendo World Championship gold cart pricing.

Consoles don't really pull that kind of money, especially ones not well-known amongst the public. You have to remember, when this was pulling 3k the next-gen weren't even out yet, so it was still a relevant console. At this point it's purely for collectors- and 360 collecting isn't really a thing right now.

Not saying change your price- it's a rare enough item that whoever's got one gets to set the market- just temper your expectations.

#11 malrak OFFLINE  

malrak

Chopper Commander

• 159 posts

Posted Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:52 PM

I sure am glad I didn't make an offer.  I would have felt like a jerk for insulting someone.   :-D

Good luck with the sale!

#12 Mrbomb OFFLINE  

Mrbomb

Combat Commando

• Topic Starter
  • 9 posts

Posted Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:58 PM

I sure am glad I didn't make an offer.  I would have felt like a jerk for insulting someone.   :-D

Good luck with the sale!

Open to all offers! Will not feel insulted. I just dont Have a price in mind.

#13 Mrbomb OFFLINE  

Mrbomb

Combat Commando

• Topic Starter
  • 9 posts

Posted Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:05 AM

Ok... don't have too much hope for getting close to that 10k. That's top dollar, full-scale holy grail level pricing. Red Sea Crossing, Nintendo World Championship gold cart pricing.

Consoles don't really pull that kind of money, especially ones not well-known amongst the public. You have to remember, when this was pulling 3k the next-gen weren't even out yet, so it was still a relevant console. At this point it's purely for collectors- and 360 collecting isn't really a thing right now.

Not saying change your price- it's a rare enough item that whoever's got one gets to set the market- just temper your expectations.

Yea but if someone was spending 3k$ on an Xbox I dont think they would use it whether the next gen is out or not

#14 HoshiChiri OFFLINE  

HoshiChiri

Stargunner

• 1,239 posts

Posted Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:09 AM

Yea but if someone was spending 3k$ on an Xbox I dont think they would use it whether the next gen is out or not

It's not about useage, it's about relevance. For example: 2 generations ago, I used to have kids come into work with DS in hand. I'd ask what they're playing, comment on the game, and eventually get the question: "What system do you have?" I would tell them I have over 30. "Wow! Do you have a Wii?" Well, at the time I didn't. And they'd immediately lose interest- what good is 30+ game consoles if you don't even have The Good One? 

It was around that time the Nintendogs pink & teal DS bundles released for Christmas. You remember how hard those were to get? My fiancé managed to get me the last pink one in our county. Friends online were jealous, no one else got a pink one. People commented in stores, asked if I might sell it. Then 3 months later the DS Lite came out. By next Christmas it was available in pink. And no one gave a crap about my system anymore. Today, there is no notable price difference for my 'limited' color.

Six years ago, people were still playing & caring about the 360. So having an expensive limited version was brag-worthy. But now the 360 is 'old' (NOT retro), so it's not impressive to most. Losing that prestige will affect your buying pool, plain and simple. Now unlike my above examples, your system is good and truly limited, and you're probably the only one selling one. Anybody who wants it has to meet your pricing. I'm just offering a simple warning that you may be hurting your chances by setting the bar well above your buying pool's resources. Honestly? If you want a better return, you might be better off storing it for 20-25 years and seeing if the retro market heats up for 360 as it continues to age.

Edited by HoshiChiri, Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:21 AM.

#15 Jin OFFLINE  

Jin

Solar Striker

• 2,978 posts

Posted Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:39 PM

As far as the price goes, I'll tell you what everyone told me when I had a very rare and unusual item and didn't know what it was worth. Put it up on eBay as a 10 day auction starting at $0.99 and whatever price the auction ends at is what it's worth. It might end up being a bit less than you were imagining or it might end up being a bit more, but either way that's how you find out what it's worth. :)

#16 Mrbomb OFFLINE  

Mrbomb

Combat Commando

• Topic Starter
  • 9 posts

Posted Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:03 PM

Seems like a good idea

#17 Mrbomb OFFLINE  

Mrbomb

Combat Commando

• Topic Starter
  • 9 posts

Posted Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:04 PM

As far as the price goes, I'll tell you what everyone told me when I had a very rare and unusual item and didn't know what it was worth. Put it up on eBay as a 10 day auction starting at $0.99 and whatever price the auction ends at is what it's worth. It might end up being a bit less than you were imagining or it might end up being a bit more, but either way that's how you find out what it's worth. :)

But the problem is the people that are willing to pay top dollar might not see it

#18 malrak OFFLINE  

malrak

Chopper Commander

• 159 posts

Posted Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:34 PM

But the problem is the people that are willing to pay top dollar might not see it

You could advertise and link to the auction on here and any other place where those "top dollar payers" hang out.

#19 travistouchdown OFFLINE  

travistouchdown

River Patroller

• 4,383 posts
  • Do the math!

Posted Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:22 AM

I'd offer $80.  That's a $20 dollar premium over what they are going for on Craigslist. 

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users