IGNORED

SIO2PC: crazy idea regarding cassettes.

Wilheim

Hi, all!

Maybe is a crazy idea, but recently I thought that it would be nice to add audio support to the SIO2PC interface.

Having USB as a standard, I think it's possible to add a D/A converter to the audio in line and also had support to the "motor on" pin to the SIO port.

Regarding software, now we can add support to WAV/FLAC files to programs that use the "audio in" pin and now controlled by the sio2pc.

I think it would be interesting, specially considering that there are some BASIC software that has audio functionality, like "conversational spanish" and other educational titles.

What do you think about this idea? I think is feasible.

• Like 3

don't see why not, since most only use 1 control line for client/server control... since that and sio2bt use 2 of them up we still have the third available...not sure what 850 mode on an APE uses if any... but there should still be at least 1 to mess about with.

• Like 3

It would be great if it had audio out/write control (save to a real atari tape deck) as well, then both archiving of original tapes, and making real tapes would be a lot easier. I know I'd use it for making Rambit/T2000 turbo cassettes to use on my real 1010. Basically a 1050-2-PC/Prosystem for cassette drives. Maybe Baktra's Turgen system could be integrated into RespeQT.

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 2