Photo

argument on barnstorming records.

3 replies to this topic

#1 DarQ Massacres OFFLINE  

DarQ Massacres

Moonsweeper

• 356 posts

Posted Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:07 AM

So, I moderate the barnstorming page on speedrun.com and recently we had a new player come out and take 3 records quickly, one of which he keeps improving. I personally see nothing wrong with the scores, but another member is claiming they may be too good to be true, so I figured I'd come and ask the atari experts here. I'll leave a link to the run, which is on the expert/A difficulty of game 1 with a score of 33.22

#2 CapitanClassic OFFLINE  

CapitanClassic

Dragonstomper

• 589 posts

Posted Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:29 AM

The score isnt out of the realm of impossibility. According to this reddit thread, at least two other humans and a TAS have achieved faster times.
https://www.google.c..._atari_2600_we/

Additionally, a barn counting glitch (not exploited in the video), makes it possible to achieve times in the sub 16 second range.

Edited by CapitanClassic, Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:30 AM.

#3 DarQ Massacres OFFLINE  

DarQ Massacres

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 356 posts

Posted Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:37 AM

The score isnt out of the realm of impossibility. According to this reddit thread, at least two other humans and a TAS have achieved faster times.
https://www.google.c..._atari_2600_we/

Additionally, a barn counting glitch (not exploited in the video), makes it possible to achieve times in the sub 16 second range.

that post is about the novice difficulty though, this score is for expert mode (unless I missed part of the post talking about expert mode) and the barn counting glitch has its own leaderboard for speedrun.com

#4 digdugnate OFFLINE  

digdugnate

River Patroller

• 2,035 posts

Posted Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:40 AM

watching the video, it looks legit to me- i've seen other playthroughs where folks (that arent todd rogers) hit in the 32-33 second range on this difficulty setting.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users