Photo

Streaming Stella on OBS. Need some help.

2 replies to this topic

#1 GeekDragon OFFLINE  

GeekDragon

Chopper Commander

• 179 posts
  • Just call me Geek!

Posted Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:55 AM

When I go to stream stella on OBS, I can get the game list to stream fine.  But, when I choose a game, the OBS screen goes black.  I have tried game capture, window capture and display capture.  I have all 3 open at the same time and still no game. What am I doing wrong?

#2 DrVenkman OFFLINE  

DrVenkman

River Patroller

• 3,603 posts
  • Back off, man! I'm a scientist.

Posted Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:50 AM

When I go to stream stella on OBS, I can get the game list to stream fine.  But, when I choose a game, the OBS screen goes black.  I have tried game capture, window capture and display capture.  I have all 3 open at the same time and still no game. What am I doing wrong?

Check whether you've got the correct window or executable name selected. Create a Scene named Game or whatever you want. In the Sources pane, click the "+" symbol and add the soruce you want. Here I have Window Capture selected. Double-click that for the settings. See the annotated screen caps below. I'm capturing a window here, but I tested with a full-screen recording earlier, which worked fine:

Annotation.png

Yars.png

#3 GeekDragon OFFLINE  

GeekDragon

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 179 posts
  • Just call me Geek!

Posted Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:15 AM

Check whether you've got the correct window or executable name selected. Create a Scene named Game or whatever you want. In the Sources pane, click the "+" symbol and add the soruce you want. Here I have Window Capture selected. Double-click that for the settings. See the annotated screen caps below. I'm capturing a window here, but I tested with a full-screen recording earlier, which worked fine:

attachicon.gifAnnotation.png

attachicon.gifYars.png

Ok, I think I got it.  So, every time I want to change the game I have to double click window capture and change the setting to the game.  Yes, I tried this and it works.  Thank you.  This is the first time I have really played around with OBS, so still learning.  I've been streaming on XBOne and PS4 so far, so this is new to me.  Again, thank you.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users