Photo

AtGames Officially Unveils Legends Ultimate Home Arcade (full-size machine)

tetris arcade arcade machine flashback atgames home arcade

239 replies to this topic

#226 TF14 OFFLINE  

TF14

Star Raider

• 55 posts

Posted Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:48 PM

Hi Bill,

Any chance you may be releasing a book covering the arcade games in the Legends Ultimate Home Arcade unit? It would be a nice fit next to your Vintage Games and Vintage Game Consoles books!

#227 Bill Loguidice OFFLINE  

Bill Loguidice

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 7,270 posts
  • Armchair Arcade Managing Director

Posted Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:20 PM

Hi Bill,

Any chance you may be releasing a book covering the arcade games in the Legends Ultimate Home Arcade unit? It would be a nice fit next to your Vintage Games and Vintage Game Consoles books!

It would be a fun book, but there's nothing in the planning and our previous publishing partner, Prima Games, is closing shop. I do have a completely unrelated book coming out in July, which is keeping me busy due to a completely bonkers and aggressive schedule, but I doubt many people around here would be too interested in it.

#228 Murder after Midnight OFFLINE  

Murder after Midnight

Space Invader

• 16 posts

Posted Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:14 AM

It would be a fun book, but there's nothing in the planning and our previous publishing partner, Prima Games, is closing shop. I do have a completely unrelated book coming out in July, which is keeping me busy due to a completely bonkers and aggressive schedule, but I doubt many people around here would be too interested in it.

any updates????

#229 Bill Loguidice OFFLINE  

Bill Loguidice

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 7,270 posts

Posted Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:44 AM

any updates????

All good, all on track. I'm not sure when the next round of updates will be that will reveal the additional hardware/software features. Right now, we're tweaking the control panel, moving certain elements at times by a few millimeters to get the optimal placement for everything.

#230 TF14 OFFLINE  

TF14

Star Raider

• 55 posts

Posted Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:45 AM

All good, all on track. I'm not sure when the next round of updates will be that will reveal the additional hardware/software features. Right now, we're tweaking the control panel, moving certain elements at times by a few millimeters to get the optimal placement for everything.

If you need any additional QA testers, let us know. I'm sure we would have no problem signing NDAs...  :) 

Arcade1Up put together a decent product, but when they shipped out review units almost every single reviewer on Youtube gave a  :thumbsdown:  for the trackball, spinner and other things that were pretty easy to resolve. I am hoping the AtGames doesn't go through that process.

#231 negative1 ONLINE  

negative1

Dragonstomper

• 885 posts

Posted Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:00 AM

If you need any additional QA testers, let us know. I'm sure we would have no problem signing NDAs...  :) 

Arcade1Up put together a decent product, but when they shipped out review units almost every single reviewer on Youtube gave a  :thumbsdown:  for the trackball, spinner and other things that were pretty easy to resolve. I am hoping the AtGames doesn't go through that process.

if they're using arcade quality parts, that won't be a problem.
which they said they are.

later

#232 orpheuswaking OFFLINE  

orpheuswaking

Quadrunner

• 5,820 posts
  • Lone Raider Time!

Posted Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:02 AM

Don't be so sure... some of us read things other than vintage computers :D

#233 Bill Loguidice OFFLINE  

Bill Loguidice

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 7,270 posts

Posted Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:45 AM

Don't be so sure... some of us read things other than vintage computers :D

Oh, I don't doubt that, but I didn't want to clutter up the thread. This one is Fortnite For Dummies, out in July: https://www.amazon.c...9&creative=9325

#234 phoenixdownita OFFLINE  

phoenixdownita

River Patroller

• 3,555 posts

Posted Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:17 PM

Oh, I don't doubt that, but I didn't want to clutter up the thread. This one is Fortnite For Dummies, out in July: https://www.amazon.c...9&creative=9325

<sarcasm> I thought that Fortnite was for dummies, what did I miss? </sarcasm>

#235 MrBlackCat OFFLINE  

MrBlackCat

Chopper Commander

• 206 posts

Posted Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:04 PM

Hmm... I wonder if anyone else checks this thread EVERY day... I really want to see what comes of this.  I am so glad I didn't pull the trigger on the 1-UP consoles.  I don't have time to custom build a Pi machine right now, so this COULD be great.  We shall see... unlike the AtariBox, which we shall not see.

MrBlackCat

#236 power OFFLINE  

power

Chopper Commander

• 192 posts

Posted Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:08 PM

Hmm... I wonder if anyone else checks this thread EVERY day... I really want to see what comes of this.  I am so glad I didn't pull the trigger on the 1-UP consoles.  I don't have time to custom build a Pi machine right now, so this COULD be great.  We shall see... unlike the AtariBox, which we shall not see.

MrBlackCat

I'm sitting back from a lot of this stuff atm because the MiSTer project is going to surpass everything we currently have IMO.

#237 negative1 ONLINE  

negative1

Dragonstomper

• 885 posts

Posted Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:12 PM

I'm sitting back from a lot of this stuff atm because the MiSTer project is going to surpass everything we currently have IMO.

I doubt it, they have a long way to go, especially with the arcade cores.
Only a few work, compared to the full MAME.

also, its too complicated for most people.

most people just want it to work, and dont care about accuracy.

later

#238 Bill Loguidice OFFLINE  

Bill Loguidice

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 7,270 posts

Posted Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:41 PM

I know it's been publicly quiet, but we'll have more info about the machines and options soon enough. I think a lot of people will be surprised with how versatile this line of products is.

#239 negative1 ONLINE  

negative1

Dragonstomper

• 885 posts

Posted Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:59 AM

I know it's been publicly quiet, but we'll have more info about the machines and options soon enough. I think a lot of people will be surprised with how versatile this line of products is.

That makes it sound like there's more than one.
I was under the impression it was one cabinet.

later

#240 Murder after Midnight OFFLINE  

Murder after Midnight

Space Invader

• 16 posts

Posted Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:58 PM

So i take it there is more than one cabinet correct??????

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tetris, arcade, arcade machine, flashback, atgames, home arcade

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users