Photo

Harmony cart pricing change

31 replies to this topic

#26 HDTV1080P OFFLINE  

HDTV1080P

Dragonstomper

• 860 posts

Posted Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:38 AM

I see that there is now a ATARI UnoCart 2600 being offered that is slightly cheaper than the Harmony Encore SD cartridge.  However according to the specs the Harmony Encore SD cartridge is a better product. The Harmony Encore SD cartridge has a USB port, can switch between  PAL and NTSC with a firmware change (the UnoCart 2600 one needs to manually switch the jumper on the PC board for PAL/NTSC games). The Harmony Encore supports cartridge rom images up to 512KB and with a possible future firmware update would allow for games up to 32GB in size by paging in 512KB at a time from the 32GB SDHC card. However its my understanding that the UnoCART 2600 supports cartridges up to 256KB in size.

Edited by HDTV1080P, Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:37 AM.

#27 HDTV1080P OFFLINE  

HDTV1080P

Dragonstomper

• 860 posts

Posted Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:00 PM

Doing some more comparisons, the Harmony Encore has a USB port, USB support chip, a separate 512k ram chip, and a 1MB eeprom chip. Because of the extra hardware, the prices are higher on the Harmony Encore. In addition, the UNOCART for the 2600 does not support DPC+ or CDF bank switching schemes.

To make the Harmony Encore cheaper in price then those extra chips would need to be removed. But then the product would no longer be a Harmony Encore product since it would have less features.

#28 FatOldGamer OFFLINE  

FatOldGamer

Combat Commando

• 3 posts

Posted Sun Feb 3, 2019 5:11 PM

Hi, sorry to hear your sales are slowing.  Just ordered an Encore, as I've always wanted one.  Not getting rid of my cartridge collection, though. ;)

Edited by FatOldGamer, Sun Feb 3, 2019 5:11 PM.

#29 paulderr OFFLINE  

paulderr

Combat Commando

• 9 posts

Posted Sat Feb 9, 2019 3:31 PM

I just placed an order for the Harmony cart too. Can't wait to get it.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

#30 Swami OFFLINE  

Swami

River Patroller

• 2,784 posts

Posted Sat Feb 9, 2019 3:50 PM

The encore, is, of couse, amazing. Always a good idea to have a backup...

#31 sculix OFFLINE  

sculix

Combat Commando

• 1 posts

Posted Tue Mar 5, 2019 1:04 PM

My harmony encore is arrived in austria.  :-o
Works really fine!  :grin:  Greetings!  :thumbsup:

#32 FatOldGamer OFFLINE  

FatOldGamer

Combat Commando

• 3 posts

Posted Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:37 PM

Hi, sorry to hear your sales are slowing.  Just ordered an Encore, as I've always wanted one.  Not getting rid of my cartridge collection, though. ;)

Should have logged in sooner, but I've had mine for a bit now, and I love it.  Thank you!

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users