IGNORED

The 143 in one nes cart

maxdrive

I was wondering if anyone picked this one up and can tell me how the games play. I Mainly want this one because it has translated games and pal only games that never got released here. Like ff2 and 3 it seems like it was the only one of these multi carts to include them. I know it's a bootleg thing so I was just wondering if anyone did buy it was it worth it for those games or is the game play screwed up for them that makes it impossible to really play them.

The problem with buying this multi-cart instead of an Everdrive is that the multi-cart only has a set amount of save RAM. So games that need to save can (or perhaps, do) overwrite one another. That's a huge downside if you're interested in specific games that have save backups like Final Fantasy 2 and 3. You've got to be sure you're totally done with whatever game is currently occupying the SRAM before moving on to another game that has SRAM.

• Like 1

The problem with buying this multi-cart instead of an Everdrive is that the multi-cart only has a set amount of save RAM. So games that need to save can (or perhaps, do) overwrite one another. That's a huge downside if you're interested in specific games that have save backups like Final Fantasy 2 and 3. You've got to be sure you're totally done with whatever game is currently occupying the SRAM before moving on to another game that has SRAM.

I know that that is true but for me right now the price for the multi cart on ali express is a lot more affordable. It's just knowing it's a cheap manufactured product I wanted to make sure it was worth the time and money to get it

What he said about the saving is true, and I know that some games can be misflagged to have that SRAM option ticked when it shouldn't and those too can nuke your save, so maybe research that.

As far as build goes it's safe, all those modern ones come on a solidly enough built new board with decent chips on it that I see no reason why shouldn't last like the old stuff out of China/HK back in the 80s/90s too. I've got one of those boards in a Super Games 500in1 in a Famicom shell and it's a very nice little toy. It may work in another 3 months or 3 years, or 30years, I have no idea, but I have had at least 2 years now and it hasn't imploded on itself.

How many games even use save though? You mention final fantasy, which the U.S. Ones save, so I assume those do, but most games dont, at least that I've played. I effin hate passwords, metroid was the worst, at something like 32 characters, upper and lower case, with numbers. I liked the game, but that password system can go f#$% itself.

• Like 1

How many games even use save though? You mention final fantasy, which the U.S. Ones save, so I assume those do, but most games dont, at least that I've played. I effin hate passwords, metroid was the worst, at something like 32 characters, upper and lower case, with numbers. I liked the game, but that password system can go f#$% itself.

Especially back in the old days when we had to write them down with pencil and paper. I remember renting a game, getting a decent way into it, and writing down the password in my notebook. Then, some time later, renting it again, putting in the code, and it didn't work. Had to start over. No idea where I wrote it wrong.

These days, I can just take a pic with my phone. lol

Beat me to it, when I bother anymore, out comes the phone. I have a few PCE HuCards that use password so I snapped pics to continue.

And as far as the games go. Depending on what is on there I know I've seen them with at least the first Final Fantasy, both Zelda games, Kirby's Adventure too. There are custom carts too that have just like all 4 Dragon Warrior's on it, so you can't jump games or lose your work. Also some games on the cart either by Nintendo design as it wouldn't matter, or bad dump/setup, think they have a SRAM on them and will all the same fubar your work on those carts. I think I remember someone pointing out SMB3 does this and can trash your work, so maybe Nintendo at one point was considering a battery or it's just a bad setup by the pirates.

I don't know if I'd assume these carts were as "durable" as the originals just because they're new. I do recall getting they made draw a little more voltage than they're supposed to, which could lead to wear and tear. Also, they're notorious for mixing PAL and NTSC ROMs.

I totally get the point about having a "poor man's flashcart", but it has some tradeoffs.

• Like 1

I know that that is true but for me right now the price for the multi cart on ali express is a lot more affordable. It's just knowing it's a cheap manufactured product I wanted to make sure it was worth the time and money to get it

Other peoples' opinions are better than mine, because I looked at the trade-offs I could see on paper (you're stuck with that list of ROMs, the save issue) and decided it was not worth it for me. If those trade-offs are OK for you, then I guess go for it.

And as godslabrat said, you just never know about the quality of the electronics, whether it stays in spec, and the quality/durability of the plastic shell. That's probably true from example to example. I value my hardware too much to give it anything less than tried-and-true solutions, so that's why Everdrive has been the thing for me.

It was only OK for me as it was a freebie the one I have. A local was dumping their collection and had posted a FC Mobile 88 and included a Super Games 500in1 in a FC shell/pinout cart with it. Basically except in a few cases I pulled one of my legit FC games it just stays in the slot and the selection is insanely good. Around 2/3 of the games are all good legit titles from various regions, the last 1/3 are like junk homebrew, like not as bad as those mini-arcade cabs at walgreens awful, but terrible enough around like what you find filler junk on an atgames genesis console.

I've been playing a few games that used passwords recently:

PC-E Bomberman

NES Adventures of Lolo

I don't mind games like these that have only 8 or less characters for the password. Nothing near the madness of Metroid, though I've played that as well.

I just make sure to check the password that I've written down before leaving the password screen. I've tried the photo route and it did not work very well as my phone has really bad autofocus.

Beat me to it, when I bother anymore, out comes the phone. I have a few PCE HuCards that use password so I snapped pics to continue.

And as far as the games go. Depending on what is on there I know I've seen them with at least the first Final Fantasy, both Zelda games, Kirby's Adventure too. There are custom carts too that have just like all 4 Dragon Warrior's on it, so you can't jump games or lose your work. Also some games on the cart either by Nintendo design as it wouldn't matter, or bad dump/setup, think they have a SRAM on them and will all the same fubar your work on those carts. I think I remember someone pointing out SMB3 does this and can trash your work, so maybe Nintendo at one point was considering a battery or it's just a bad setup by the pirates.