PAL Q-Bert Prototype for Atari 2600?

4 replies to this topic

#1 yy958 OFFLINE  

yy958

Star Raider

• 79 posts
  • AtariAge's Rebellious Teenager

Posted Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:01 PM

This is currently for sale, priced at 90 dollars. Says RLS on the label, besides that it's a blank cart. Could this be a real specimen? I don't have any prototypes in my collection but I wouldn't mind starting with Q-Bert :D

Attached Thumbnails

• qbertprototype.jpg
  • qbert2.jpg
  • qbert3.jpg

Edited by yy958, Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:02 PM.

#2 Supergun OFFLINE  

Supergun

Stargunner

• 1,024 posts

Posted Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:19 PM

Looks real to me. But remember that even released Q-Berts had EPROMs inside them, so that wont say much in this case. And so only that little white sticker makes it real. And thats too easy to make. So I wouldnt pay more then $5 for it myself.

#3 yy958 OFFLINE  

yy958

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 79 posts
  • AtariAge's Rebellious Teenager

Posted Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:30 AM

Looks real to me. But remember that even released Q-Berts had EPROMs inside them, so that wont say much in this case. And so only that little white sticker makes it real. And thats too easy to make. So I wouldnt pay more then $5 for it myself.

There's a bid section so I'll keep my eye on it, maybe look around to see if anything similar has been sold in the past. Thank you for the advice!

#4 Scooter83 OFFLINE  

Scooter83

Dragonstomper

• 653 posts

Posted Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:51 AM

I'd bet that's a real label. My concern is in the last pic how the shell is split on one side. Only question about it I have

#5 Supergun OFFLINE  

Supergun

Stargunner

• 1,024 posts

Posted Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:22 AM

Parker Bros. Cartridge shells are the worst. Its almost impossible to open them perfectly on the seams. They always split & crack unevenly. Major pain.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users