IGNORED

Sega Nomad Power switch replacement.

Ruggers Customs

Hello all! I have a sega nomad and the plastic knob on the power switch is broken off. Other than snatching one from another nomad which I really don't want to do, would anyone have or know where I can get a suitable after market switch in a similar size and design? Or would someone have a spare from a junk nomad that they'd be will to sell? Thanks!

I would bet the switch used in Sega Game Gears is the exact same part.

Ty sir. I didn't realize that so many game gear parts are interchangeable with the nomad. Make repairs easier now. Thanks again! I don't mess around a whole lot with handhelds so my knowledge on them is limited when it comes to finding parts haha

I've never held a Nomad in person so I couldn't be sure, but I do have a ton of Game Gears and looking at pictures of the electronics inside either, the switch (and several of the potentiometer dials) appear to be interchangeable. It would make sense for Sega to manufacture them like that purely on a cost cutting level, and reduce part inventory for warranty/repair.

• Like 1