atgames legends full-size arcade

1 reply to this topic

#1 Bill Loguidice OFFLINE  

Bill Loguidice

Quadrunner

• 7,253 posts
  • Armchair Arcade Managing Director

Posted Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:53 PM

As a way to gather feedback, answer questions, and provide a good single source of collected information as it relates to the AtGames Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Machine, I wanted to start a dedicated topic. To summarize what has been announced so far (again, more features to be revealed):

The Legends Ultimate Home Arcade features 400 built-in arcade and home games, including Tetris and other legends from iconic publishers. As a full-sized home arcade machine, the Legends Ultimate Home Arcade offers a gameplay experience like no other. Each game plays just like at the arcade thanks to an authentic control panel that features a matching set of premium joysticks and six buttons for two player fun, as well as a professional trackball controller. The built-in, low latency, high definition 21.5” LCD monitor features HDMI inputs so you can display content from other consoles and media players on the same great machine. The built-in software is similarly impressive, with scan line filtering, an intuitive menu system, save and resume game functionality, and the ability to rewind a game in progress to recover from a play misstep.

The philosophy behind this product is simple. While AtGames has traditionally worked within the restrictions of low-cost video game hardware and software, we saw an opportunity to work in a more premium space, where there would be far fewer restrictions. So that means arcade-quality parts and underlying hardware (and software) that's far more powerful than anything previously possible. So while we're still stressing Affordable Family Fun, we're now doing it with a different class of product with an entirely different set of (higher) expectations. Although the price will be low, the experience is going to be premium, including post-purchase.

While I can't answer that much until the additional reveals take place (like amazing publishing partners, games, how this will be sold, etc.) - which I'll make sure are reflected here - I'll try to anticipate a few of the questions to start.

Q - Is this DIY friendly?

A - Yes. Although this will use arcade-style parts, you should have little trouble swapping in joystick styles and button types of your own preference.

Q - What kind of games are on here?

A - There is a massive selection of real arcade games, obviously, but also a generous selection of home games from top consoles. 

Q - Is this just a plug and play console stuck inside a full-size arcade cabinet?

A - No! This is much higher-end hardware than is possible in any plug and play, and supports higher-performance/higher demand games. You'll also notice significant user interface, emulation, and other differences.

#2 Murder after Midnight OFFLINE  

Murder after Midnight

Space Invader

• 15 posts

Posted Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:41 PM

As a way to gather feedback, answer questions, and provide a good single source of collected information as it relates to the AtGames Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Machine, I wanted to start a dedicated topic. To summarize what has been announced so far (again, more features to be revealed):

The Legends Ultimate Home Arcade features 400 built-in arcade and home games, including Tetris and other legends from iconic publishers. As a full-sized home arcade machine, the Legends Ultimate Home Arcade offers a gameplay experience like no other. Each game plays just like at the arcade thanks to an authentic control panel that features a matching set of premium joysticks and six buttons for two player fun, as well as a professional trackball controller. The built-in, low latency, high definition 21.5” LCD monitor features HDMI inputs so you can display content from other consoles and media players on the same great machine. The built-in software is similarly impressive, with scan line filtering, an intuitive menu system, save and resume game functionality, and the ability to rewind a game in progress to recover from a play misstep.

The philosophy behind this product is simple. While AtGames has traditionally worked within the restrictions of low-cost video game hardware and software, we saw an opportunity to work in a more premium space, where there would be far fewer restrictions. So that means arcade-quality parts and underlying hardware (and software) that's far more powerful than anything previously possible. So while we're still stressing Affordable Family Fun, we're now doing it with a different class of product with an entirely different set of (higher) expectations. Although the price will be low, the experience is going to be premium, including post-purchase.

While I can't answer that much until the additional reveals take place (like amazing publishing partners, games, how this will be sold, etc.) - which I'll make sure are reflected here - I'll try to anticipate a few of the questions to start.

Q - Is this DIY friendly?

A - Yes. Although this will use arcade-style parts, you should have little trouble swapping in joystick styles and button types of your own preference.

Q - What kind of games are on here?

A - There is a massive selection of real arcade games, obviously, but also a generous selection of home games from top consoles. 

Q - Is this just a plug and play console stuck inside a full-size arcade cabinet?

A - No! This is much higher-end hardware than is possible in any plug and play, and supports higher-performance/higher demand games. You'll also notice significant user interface, emulation, and other differences.

Will this be released before christmas?

Will it be under $1000?

Is the announcement with further details next month????

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: atgames, legends, full-size, arcade

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users