IGNORED

Bowling help

Perhaps there another game that Atari2600land will be more successful in playing and thus like better? I've stopped counting the games I don't understand or find unplayable, and concentrate on the ones I enjoy instead.

Well, that is assuming it is not about mastering Intellivision Bowling or Instant Death. Then it would suck not understanding the controls.

Perhaps there another game that Atari2600land will be more successful in playing and thus like better? I've stopped counting the games I don't understand or find unplayable, and concentrate on the ones I enjoy instead.

Well, that is assuming it is not about mastering Intellivision Bowling or Instant Death. Then it would suck not understanding the controls.

I second this. I could never get into Bowling and Golf, they are just too weird and complicated.

dZ.

Being honest,...I think I'd give up too!

Sometimes life's too short. Play something you like.

I mean reading those instructions, it seems they're taking something simple and making it complicated. Or maybe they're just explaining something simple in a complicated manner. Either way I wonder if something else is going on...Maybe a controller issue or something. Do other games play OK?

Being honest,...I think I'd give up too!

Sometimes life's too short. Play something you like.

I mean reading those instructions, it seems they're taking something simple and making it complicated. Or maybe they're just explaining something simple in a complicated manner. Either way I wonder if something else is going on...Maybe a controller issue or something. Do other games play OK?

It's a little bit of both. I believe that the author was aiming at an accurate simulation of a Bowling game, with physics and statistical conditions, and not necessarily a fun implementation of the game, like in Wii Sports.

dZ.

I like the controls in 10th Frame (C64, MSX, ZX Spectrum, MS-DOS, Amiga, Atari ST). First you position the bowler by moving left to right, then you push up and position the aim from left to right. You can push down to reposition the bowler. When you're done, you hold down the fire button to gain power and release it when it is at ideal on the meter. Then it goes back again to control the spin, and you push the button once more at the desired spin and off the ball goes. Pretty similar to Leaderboard, also by Access Software.

It sounds like the AIM is the problem.

If you are bowling left handed Bowler moved to the top of the screen, Aim is a quick processes. I tap the aim button and max curve.

Right handed, you need to hold the AIM until the white dot moves to the bottom of the screen or even with the bowler.

That is why I play lefty. It speeds the game up.

It is actually a great game. I will still play pickup spares now and then. But it is hard on the keyboard. Need the 16 positions to truly play.

• 2 weeks later...

As a lefty, I hit about 9 am on the disc on my curve to the pocket. I hit 4 am for my straight ball. A lot depends on where you stand and the marker but I won't give those secrets away. For the record bowling is top 5 all time Intv fun for me it is just as much fun now as it was in 1982. My uncle gave it to me for Christmas in 1982.