PeB interface card and firehose

18 replies to this topic

#1 AMenard OFFLINE  

AMenard

Dragonstomper

• 745 posts

Posted Fri Nov 2, 2018 12:58 PM

Hi,

I'm presently thinking of building for myself a replacement for the firehose and interface card, for something more practical. Does anybody know where I could find some documentation on it? Or is there an already created product I could build?

Winter is coming and I'm looking for something to do instead of shoveling snow  :grin:

#2 Ksarul OFFLINE  

Ksarul

River Patroller

• 4,831 posts

Posted Fri Nov 2, 2018 1:43 PM

The schematics are up on WHT and also on the Mainbyte site, IIRC. No one has done an independent layout to replace one yet though. . .

#3 adamantyr OFFLINE  

adamantyr

Stargunner

• 1,363 posts

Posted Fri Nov 2, 2018 1:58 PM

I would be KEENLY interested in something like this.

Just something that is light-weight and doesn't have the enormous foot would be awesome; the existing interface card isn't so much an issue as the firehose cable is.

#4 BeeryMiller OFFLINE  

BeeryMiller

Dragonstomper

• 688 posts

Posted Fri Nov 2, 2018 2:51 PM

I would be KEENLY interested in something like this.

Just something that is light-weight and doesn't have the enormous foot would be awesome; the existing interface card isn't so much an issue as the firehose cable is.

The TI setup I have, has a ribbon cable about 3 feet long coming out of the side of the console going to the firehose cable that I keep out of the way.

#5 arcadeshopper OFFLINE  

arcadeshopper

River Patroller

• 3,845 posts

Posted Fri Nov 2, 2018 3:10 PM

I find this to be the best solution for the giant foot.. turning it 90 degrees: 

373211466.jpg

https://www.arcadesh...tegory=16275021

#6 ti99iuc OFFLINE  

ti99iuc

Stargunner

• 1,538 posts

Posted Fri Nov 2, 2018 3:27 PM

i'd love to have a replacement too... asking for it since months ago :P

#7 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

HexaCoreRunner

• 13,026 posts

Posted Fri Nov 2, 2018 5:35 PM

I remember seeing a cable for sale a few years ago that had the correct amount of conductors, but it was twisted into a round configuration inside the insulating outer layer.  Not quite a bulky that way, but not as well shielded that way either, but I do not know how necessary that is.  It'll be interesting to see what, if anything develops.

#8 FDOS OFFLINE  

FDOS

Chopper Commander

• 225 posts

Posted Sat Nov 3, 2018 11:08 AM

373211466.jpg

I've tried to purchase both of these, but I keep getting "card declined", but I checked my accounts at BoA, and all is well there, no holds or insufficient funds (primary, and over draft are way, way over this meager amount, so I don't know why you're having this problem).

Bill 

#9 arcadeshopper OFFLINE  

arcadeshopper

River Patroller

• 3,845 posts

Posted Sat Nov 3, 2018 11:12 AM

I've tried to purchase both of these, but I keep getting "card declined", but I checked my accounts at BoA, and all is well there, no holds or insufficient funds (primary, and over draft are way, way over this meager amount, so I don't know why you're having this problem).

Bill 

I can help determine the issue or you can use PayPal or Google payments. An email to me directly would work a lot better than a forum post tho.
Greg

Edit: was a typo issue all resolved

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

#10 Schmitzi OFFLINE  

Schmitzi

River Patroller

• 4,394 posts
  • ToXiC

Posted Sun Nov 4, 2018 1:16 AM

Attached File  PEB-Side-Splittner-Jim-Fetzner-Arcadeshopper.com-AA-RMS02-small.JPG   56.4KB   2 downloads

This splitter board, in full size of a PEB-card, AS a PEB-card,

with the "electronics" of the firehosecable on it, too

and then use one of those thin cables, to breakout to the TI´s side port.

(what can the 2nd connector be used for ? Interconnnect to a 2nd PEB ? )

this type of  cable:

Attached File  PEB-Cable-SidePort-Atronic-CPS99--IEC-connectworld.bet-RMS01.JPG   142.19KB   2 downloads

#11 Vorticon OFFLINE  

Vorticon

River Patroller

• 3,392 posts

Posted Sun Nov 4, 2018 7:11 AM

I am drooling over that CPS 99 unit... What a cool piece of hardware. I assume this was only produced for the European market?

#12 Airshack OFFLINE  

Airshack

Dragonstomper

• 846 posts

Posted Mon Nov 5, 2018 9:27 PM

373211466.jpg

Hey Greg! When I saw this for sale I figured it'd be just about as bulky as the giant firehose itself. Maybe a little less but certainly adding MORE bulk to the total desktop real estate required. It'd be nice to have a cable with a low-profile 90-degree bend flush with the side of the 99/4 console. 

#13 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

HexaCoreRunner

• 13,026 posts

Posted Mon Nov 5, 2018 9:34 PM

I use the 16" extension, it's plugged into the side of my TI, routed underneath, out the back and hidden behind the monitor.

gallery_35324_1027_1814.jpg

gallery_35324_1027_63138.jpg

#14 arcadeshopper OFFLINE  

arcadeshopper

River Patroller

• 3,845 posts

Posted Mon Nov 5, 2018 9:35 PM

Hey Greg! When I saw this for sale I figured it'd be just about as bulky as the giant firehose itself. Maybe a little less but certainly adding MORE bulk to the total desktop real estate required. It'd be nice to have a cable with a low-profile 90-degree bend flush with the side of the 99/4 console. 

Good luck

The only cable I've found doesn't work reliably.

#15 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

HexaCoreRunner

• 13,026 posts

Posted Mon Nov 5, 2018 9:50 PM

Good luck

The only cable I've found doesn't work reliably.

I've been using << THIS CABLE >> for YEARS.  It's inexpensive and has NEVER give me any troubles.

• RXB likes this

#16 arcadeshopper OFFLINE  

arcadeshopper

River Patroller

• 3,845 posts

Posted Mon Nov 5, 2018 9:59 PM

I've been using << THIS CABLE >> for YEARS.  It's inexpensive and has NEVER give me any troubles.

You are the lucky one mine never worked even after sending it back and getting another one..

#17 fimbulvetr OFFLINE  

fimbulvetr

Star Raider

• 61 posts

Posted Mon Nov 5, 2018 10:51 PM

Mine doesnt work either. The fingerboard doesnt like to line up correctly, so on the reare occasion when I have gotten it working even the slightest movement will mess it up.

#18 AMenard OFFLINE  

AMenard

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 745 posts

Posted Tue Nov 6, 2018 7:10 AM

I use the 16" extension, it's plugged into the side of my TI, routed underneath, out the back and hidden behind the monitor.

gallery_35324_1027_1814.jpg

gallery_35324_1027_63138.jpg

This is a great setup! 

#19 AMenard OFFLINE  

AMenard

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 745 posts

Posted Tue Nov 6, 2018 7:13 AM

You are the lucky one mine never worked even after sending it back and getting another one..

That's too bad. 

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users