IGNORED

Offensive message from a seller

ianoid

But all this is fairly obvious, my main point is that if you are an honest person who is aware of how the system works, and choose not to pay for tracked delivery, then whatever happens later regarding the delivery is on you. I'm not saying that in regard to the OP, it's just a general observation.

That would make sense, but it is just not the case. If you sell an item you are responsible for delivery regardless of the shipping options. Whether it be snail mail,UPS, fed ex or by horse. The item must arrive to the buyer whether they purchased tracking or not.

eBay generally sides with the buyer in most instances. The site has become very seller unfriendly in the last few years in the push to become Amazon.

Exactly. Did you know, a buyer could go on there, buy something, return a different item, and they would side with the buyer? A buyer can not pay for most auctions, refuse to pay things he/she bid on and a seller can not leave negative feedback.

eBay's feedback system has turned into a joke... I sell on there time to time but, with them siding with the seller and 10% flat rate charges, I always try to sell other places before going on ebay….

• Like 3

Rare I get this kind of message. Seller claims he sent the items but then they never arrived. He was actually pretty cool and offered to replace them, although with different games- pretty much allowed him to substitute 2 crummy titles for a good one. I said ok. Everything arrived more than a month after the auction ended. I gave him + feedback with a 2/5 for shipping. I guess he was pretty bummed.

New message from: japanatronix (319)

Why did you rate me down on shipping time?

You paid for free shipping and I was not responsible for the lost package - YOU ARE. You chose not to pay for tracking.

As a a decent person, OI gave you 5 games instead of the 2 you bought - and many extras, and paid for tracking on top of everything else.

And then you go arpound and rate me down on ship time?

This is the problem with you white people and your white privilege.

Think about ehat you've done here and the kind of arrogant, ugly behaviour this was on your part.

HAHAAHH!!! That is hilarious.

I'm sorry to laugh, but that is some funny shit right there.

Honestly, I wouldn't really care... but the truth is, a lot of people feel emboldened today to be racist towards white people, because they seem to think it's NOT racist when it's only white people being singled out. But imagine how ape-shit people would be if you replaced the word white in there with any other ethnicity?

So... to that point, you kind of HAVE to treat it the same, otherwise you'd be doing the very thing he's doing.

Here's the number, let us know how it goes:

eBay: 866-540-3229

• Like 1

I'm sorry but the statement that the "The carrier's performance is absolutely on the seller" is still completely ridiculous, since we all know that the process of delivering is beyond seller's control.

Now, it's possible that we are actually arguing semantics, because (I think) I do understand the point you are trying to make - that sellers should use tracked deliveries. Which is why I mentioned it in my post and there's really no need to launch into lengthy explanations as to why (that's re: mumbai's reply, and that "selling requirement" is clearly in regard of packaging quality and general state of the item anyway).

Obviously the way the "system is set up" is a bit hypocritical, one of the little ebay (not)fun quirks - if they really wanted to enforce the "it's on the seller" thing then there simply would not be a trackless delivery option available or there would be a clause regarding trackless. Also, they wouldn't mostly side with the buyer, seeing as they might be - and in lots of cases are - also dishonest.

But all this is fairly obvious, my main point is that if you are an honest person who is aware of how the system works, and choose not to pay for tracked delivery, then whatever happens later regarding the delivery is on you. I'm not saying that in regard to the OP, it's just a general observation.

It's funny you keep arguing this based on your opinion.

EBay does have a clause. Sellers MUST use tracking to be covered by seller protection. It's as simple as the buyer opens a not received case....the seller can't provide tracking...the buyer ALWAYS gets a refund.

The item ended over $250 and the buyer opens a dispute.....better have signature confirmation in addition to the tracking or again the buyer ALWAYS gets the money back, even if the tracking shows delivered. The $250 also includes the total WITH shipping.

Your opinions mean nothing, it's all spelled out at ebay....be it fair or not.

The seller can CHOOSE to not use tracking and not receive seller protection and try and trust the buyer....imo doing that with anyone who is not a friend today is a very bad choice on the part of the SELLER.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry but the statement that the "The carrier's performance is absolutely on the seller" is still completely ridiculous, since we all know that the process of delivering is beyond seller's control.

Think of it this way: I sell housewares for a living. We get a new shipment of coffee pots in. I have a customer who was waiting for this model, so I go down to the loading dock and take it straight off the truck to sell immediately (which we will do if the situation arises.). The customer gets home, opens the coffee pot, and discovers the carafe is cracked- damaged in shipping. Can he return it?

By your logic, no- it is not the store who damaged the coffee pot, we never had the chance. The shipping company damaged the coffee pot. He should have been aware of the risks of buying straight off the truck.

Of course, the actual answer is yes- we chose the carrier, we are responsible. There isn't a store anywhere that would deny that return. And if said store got a lot of broken coffee pots, they'd do well to find a new carrier.

That's the logic Ebay runs under. You, as the seller, chose the terms of delivery. You chose the carrier, you chose to not offer tracking. If your choices result in a lost package, you are responsible, even though you're not the one who lost the package. Honestly, Ebay often takes this a step further- the one lost package I had from Ebay & opened a case over, I did say I believed the seller was acting in good faith- and in the end Ebay refunded my money from their pocket, not the seller's- it's called a 'no fault' decision & it's how Ebay tries to keep both its sellers and buyers happy. (With varying degrees of success.)

In this specific case, I only have one question: What kind of shipping did you pay for? EMS should arrive in 2-5 days, Airmail within 14, 3-4 weeks for SAL. Given that there's 2 shipping times to account for, unless you paid for EMS shipping he's actually within an appropriate shipping range. You could certainly call him out on the racist commentary, but it seems like as far as the actual business end went he did just fine.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...