IGNORED

Demo coding Lesson ;)

emkay

Yeah stock demos being rare so up to you emkay to code one.

And regarding vbxe or rapidus or 1mb ram or stereo pokey or whatever hardware using for demos...

I have a rule that I am writing stuff for all hardware at home and vbxe is one of them.

Some day you claiming of not using available hardware as expandable hardware is advantage over C64 scene which are focused on real stock base model and someday I have impression that its because of missing greetings to get you angry.... May I point out that vbxe is what? More than 10 years old now?

• Like 2

The first few replies really made me feel like i'm 12 again! Thanks guys, your replies are even retro :)

I still don't know what the "coding lesson" was. I did not see any code. Just a nice demo.

Edited by jowi
  • Like 2

It's another fabulous demo for our so beloved a8 computers.

To me a good demo is a real success when the music is outstanding. I love pokey chiptunes. In this demo the music is absolutely fabulous. I love it.

Can't wait to play it on my real a8. Thanks for sharing, and a very big thanks to the coders and composer.

• Like 3

here's the download link:

http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=78764

Thank you, always like to see a demo running on the real hardware, Altirra does a lovely job but there's just a little extra buzz seeing the real hardware doing this stuff....

Props all around..

Edit: Some great FX there, is the zoomer with the eye Emkay watching your work making sure its up to his standard :)

Love the new take on the chessboard and the bubbles...The sea is a cracking use of 9...

Really nice jolly tunes...All round top notch...So much out in the last days...All top quality..

Thank you all.

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 3

Thatdidn't answer the question.

You could have been a bit more specific...

I have seen bigger demos doing less ?

The demo is doing a combination of intense "CPU FX" and pushes it a bit with easily given hardware fx.

Never seen it done that way before.

It IS actually missing in (m)any games also, to enhance the visuals on the srceen, but could be used in every demo.

Particular Demos with transitions were missing.

The Atari has basically 2 screens overlaid . If one screen needs to be changed "hidden" , the other screen could do something.

Also, the tune could be build to temporarily play on 2 channels, while stuff gets loaded from Disk. If you understand.

For a 16K demonstration, it is doing things really well.

I have seen bigger demos doing less ?

The demo is doing a combination of intense "CPU FX" and pushes it a bit with easily given hardware fx.

It IS actually missing in (m)any games also, to enhance the visuals on the srceen, but could be used in every demo.

Particular Demos with transitions were missing.

The Atari has basically 2 screens overlaid . If one screen needs to be changed "hidden" , the other screen could do something.

Also, the tune could be build to temporarily play on 2 channels, while stuff gets loaded from Disk. If you understand.

For a 16K demonstration, it is doing things really well.

Honestly???? ok.... i thought it was done in that basic question game... ;)

where is the "pushing it a bit with easy hardware fx"? aren't not most demos doing that?

Amen...

Yes. Sure. ever did that in your tunes? in MPT or CMC? please have a go. esp. easily switch then back to 4 channels when fx is loaded etc...

for 16k its ok... but for me (no offence here to the friends of Agenda)... it looks more like a 2600 demo... (except the Voxels :D). but that's my 2 cents.

I always love your "can be done easily" while you never did it on your own Master Coder.

• Like 2

Here's a new C64 demo I include for the simple reason ITS FUN....

I'd imagine all of it bar the XFLI / NUFLI l whatever the multi colour picture mode name is could be done on the Atari, but for a Star Wars (initial films) fan its a lovely fun thing and the Cantina bar scene has a few unexpected faces in.

Its Just fun..And that's also part of the art of a demo...Long live the fun and brilliant demo on the Atari and C64, weird almost related cousins (blergh) in a custom chip 6502 world..

• Like 4